AuthorTopic: Beat Em Up Mockup  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Beat Em Up Mockup

on: July 20, 2016, 11:20:35 pm

I was asked to make a mockup for a Beat Em Up, but it seems it might not go anywhere for a while, probably partially because I don't know how to make backgrounds.  I'm not too worried about that because it's not my specialty and I don't really intend on it being, but I'd still like a little bit of critique on the other stuff. 

Blue is the main character and has a more or less final look, but Red is just an enemy concept swinging a weapon around and I'd like to work on it a bit more.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Beat Em Up Mockup

Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 11:35:28 pm
There's not a lot of dynamism to these poses, not getting an easy read on the characters' personalities or fighting styles here.
It's not an integral part, but it's a big reason why Street Fighter's as enjoyed as it is, so I recommend studying some of the idle poses there.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline heyguy

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 11:48:22 am
Yes, I would say draw more interesting poses to sell how cool and dynamic your beat-em-up is going to be! Red doesn't look like he/she/it is swinging a weapon.Regarding the background, I recommend you research perspective and one point perspective. Also, you should look up cityscapes and other artwork with cityscapes as the subject.

media.tumblr.com/b8a5d8490e1d4919981e6fe6154974e5/tumblr_inline_mr7u2y4PDZ1qz4rgp.gif

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 11:11:56 pm

I can't wait to hate myself for making Red more complex, but eh. 

Animation wise, the chain equivalent would probably be transparent or a blur, but just to get the point across it's there for now.