AuthorTopic: [WIP] The game starts to grow  (Read 12852 times)

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Head for gamesprite

Reply #20 on: October 05, 2006, 11:54:03 pm
the full render + animation is looking nice if a little creepy. another thing i've noticed is that a few strands of hair at the front of his head disappear in some frames. keep at it  :y:
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Head for gamesprite

Reply #21 on: October 06, 2006, 12:18:30 am
i really like how this is progressing, and the animation style works so well for the lovecraft setting.  i hope it does not take you 5 years, because i want to see where this takes you :P
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline LMM

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] The game starts to grow

Reply #22 on: June 08, 2007, 07:59:47 pm
Hello to you,
i am Back. I was Ill a long time and had a lot of stress but now i have some time to work on with my lonewolf 1024x786 (or 800 x 600) horror-adventure-game.
Now i have my first direction for the mainchars-prite (me *g*) ready. It took me nearly 2 weeks to build it. I am a just a beginner (This is my first pixelart project and everythink i have ever done with this technic can be seen in this thread. Hope i will get better when doing more stuff), so C&C is very highly welcome (need help with it).

Sorry for my poor english :/

PS.: When the other directions are ready i will do some refinement (is this word correct). Only small changes but i hope with god effect (Hair is moving on the shoulder etc.) Now everythinks looks a little bit to static. But first i want the other directions (4 more because some can be mirrored) to be ready (realy hard and boring work *g*)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 08:19:22 pm by LMM »

Offline Zee

• I wish I could have an avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: June 08, 2007, 08:10:35 pm
Wow... that sprite is really nice, the arms seem... noodle-y. Otherwise you've creeped me right the heck out.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #24 on: June 09, 2007, 01:04:45 am
Those legs look great. His right hand looks really bad, you should redo it. His hat is too small. Maybe his right arm should swing more. Did you use a program with 'bones' or 3d to help with
the legs?
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline LMM

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: June 09, 2007, 01:20:40 am
Yes, i used a 3d Program with a very simple model (two cylinders) and animated them with bones. Then I rendered 15 steps for each direction and use it as a pattern. Therefrom i "traced" the outlines of the legs. (maybe its a little bit like cheating but what counts to me more is the good result).
You are right  :( The Hand is not good and the whole arm is not good, too. I will update it as soon as possible (so much work  :'( ;D :crazy: ). When i will do this i could get some movement into the coat, too.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #26 on: June 10, 2007, 01:55:26 pm
Just something small, but walkcycles should always have the same amount of frames for each step, you have 15 which is uneven, one step has more frames than the other. Unless you want him to limp or anything (It's not very evident in this one tho) I would change it to 16.

I have not checked but I think his further leg when comming forwards again is a tad jerky.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Reply #27 on: June 10, 2007, 07:05:13 pm
that's pretty cool, I would recommend you make bones for the arms as well as it looks so nice when you applied them to the legs. Good luck

Offline dragonrc

• View Profile

Reply #28 on: June 10, 2007, 07:10:40 pm
This looks really good! :y:
There is a part of the right shoulder that isn't colored in all the frames.
The back keeps changing, it's a bit disturbing.
There are 3 white pixels on the right shoulder

yosh64

Reply #29 on: June 11, 2007, 02:12:57 am
hey

I think some things I'm about to say have already been mentioned.

Anyhows I think his head/neck look a bit stiff, and I see no great movement in his torso or jacket. Shouldn't he turn/sway from side to side a bit? and if you really want to get into detail, maybe you could add some slight breathing motion or whatever. I don't understand the shoes, looks to me somewhat like he is wearing shiny socks and slippers or something, and his right hand looks a bit odd to me. Finally I think his hat looks quite small, and his neck is rather bright, as I think some shadow should cast over it.

Hmm, I think that's it for now.

cyas
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 02:14:57 am by yosh64 »