AuthorTopic: LoFi Cyberpunk cityscape  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Cherno

• View Profile

LoFi Cyberpunk cityscape

on: July 14, 2016, 03:59:14 pm
A few months ago, I came across this piece of pixel art somewhere on the net. I liked the extremely low fideltiy approach to resolution and colors while still managing to convey a recognizeable location that immediately reminds one of Bladerunner and Syndicate. I saved the image for a possible later source of inspiration.

Original image, author unknown:

Much later, I couldn't stop thinking about it and I created an isometric tileset from the elements seen, for possible use in a Cyberpunk RPG. While I was doing so, I tried to find the place where I found the original image but either my Google-Fu is weak or the site where I found it has vanished in the meantime, in either case I wasn't able to locate the source or the author (which is sad because I wanted to ask for the possibiliy of a collaboration). It might have been here, on DeviantArt, or somewhere else. All I know is that it was posted on a site that allows for comments (there was a short discussion under it referencing Syndicate as well).
If anyone recognizes the image or knows who the author is, please let me know!

Anyhow, here is my version reconstructed via Tiled, with some additional characters I made (again, heavily inspired by Syndicate, especially the cop and woman).