AuthorTopic: Google's T-Rex game remake  (Read 1885 times)

Offline thronecode

• Veni Vidi Pizza
    • @thronecode
    • View Profile

Google's T-Rex game remake

on: July 10, 2016, 08:43:36 pm

Hello guys, thronecode here.
In the past few days I decided to make a mockup of a possible remake of that little game you play when Chrome is offline (well, some people don't play it, but it's there, so I'm considering you play it... Ok, give it a try, it's good when you're bored). As you can see, I'm still a novice pixel artist wannabe, and there are tons and tons of wrong placed pixels, style semi rip-offs among other things.
When I say it's a 'possible remake', I really mean it! I want to make this, and I believe these imperfections might not be too "bad" for a game.
Well, that's it, I hope you guys can give me some tips on how to improve it!

I'm a newbie here, I already have read the rules, but if I'm making any mistakes, let me know so that I can avoid them!

Thanks!  :)

Offline Hillstylelife

• View Profile

Re: Google's T-Rex game remake

Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 02:46:24 am
I think it looks really nice so far! As you said, some of the pixel placements could be improved, like the ones on the thick, black outlines. You may also want to desaturate / fade out the background so it's easier to see  the enemies (make it more like the bushes). The T-Rex is pretty spot on to the Chrome one, which is great. The last thing I would say is to make the cacti (or just obstacles) more interesting, like you've done with the other objects. Right now they're a little too blocky.

Great work, keep it up!

Offline wzl

• View Profile

Re: Google's T-Rex game remake

Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 07:47:45 am
Hey, this looks excellent so far. strong yoshi's island vibes going on. you might want to go there for some further inspiration.
Otherwise i'd have to agree that the background is a bit too saturated and/or bright. You could make those mountains bigger and use little bushes instead of a band of bushes, that would help to split the layers apart more easily and distinctively

I dont mind the blockyness of the cactii, but they surely could look a little more interesting.

The trex looks just the right amount of derpy and the birds look adorable and jerky (all video game birds are jerks). Looking forward to see more (hopefully a bit more variety :y:)