AuthorTopic: [WIP] Frogzilla!  (Read 3071 times)

Offline drZool

• View Profile
    • enedahl.com

[WIP] Frogzilla!

on: October 05, 2006, 09:03:41 pm
I'm extending my avatar to a piece. Adding an advert with a leaf on to let the viewer think it's a normal frog at glance, just to realize...

I'm just about done with the advert, started on the tank and the smoke. will be adding more houses and something to suspend the advert, perhaps a building.  I've played with the palette a bit, but this monitor is way out of calibration :(

Signing off for today. Will begin my next day with fresh eyes and hopefully some good c&c from you.

/DrZool

Offline Takai Soyokaze

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Frogzilla!

Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 09:13:48 pm
well, small crit but maybe make "leaf" bigger, it's too similar to "leap" so it may be mistaken. also, into that, I didn't understand the leaf was a leaf, maybe make the lights more yellow.

Offline MoD

• mnky
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 10:50:15 pm
Although it's good that you're doing more on this piece and it is generally well-executed, I think it looks more like two 64x64 images next to each other, probably due to the vertical ends of both the advertisement and the concrete bit beneath it creating a halfway line in the piece. As a next step, I think it would be a good idea to add a section to the right of the frog for balance.

Offline drZool

• View Profile
    • enedahl.com

Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 06:42:38 am
Thank you for the c&c!
Takei: Yes, the leaf needs more contrast from the lights... I'll see how I solve that.
MoD: True true. I will take care of that when adding more buildings behind the advert.