AuthorTopic: Rpg Character Base  (Read 1933 times)

Offline IIRawsomeII

• Random person
    • IIRawsomeII
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/94098.htm
    • IIIRawsomeIII
    • iirawsomeii
    • View Profile
    • My Site

Rpg Character Base

on: July 03, 2016, 04:39:13 am
I made an RPG character base

Facts:

One: light source is top middle

Two: I dunno

Questions:

One: Does it look like a human / Does the lighting & Shading define the form of the human?

Two: Is the color palette Good or Bad?

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Rpg Character Base

Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 06:02:02 am
The arms are two short and thin, it makes everything else look really stocky and stumpy. Try to get the base of the hand in line with the waist as a general rule.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline CFKaligula

• View Profile
    • My Tumblr

Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 12:39:05 pm
You should remove the anti-alias, if this sprite is going to walk around its really weird to have a grey aura around him all the time, You could maybe try to have the anti-alias IN the outline, but I don't think that is what you want.
You get in the bowl

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 01:37:41 pm
It looks like a human, in that it has/follows the general human silhouette. My one issue with it is is that you are caught between being chibi/cartoonish and realistic. For a character at this resolution, with the style you are going for I wouldn't worry to much about following human anatomy strictly. Relax the drawing a bit and allow it to become a bit more chibi like.

Colors are okay, I don't really understand the blue outline when you have a nice dark red already in the palette that can serve the same purpose. I would get rid of the blue and allow for larger clusters to show general forms. Trying to get too detailed with trying to convey muscle groups is just going to get in the way of your general design. Is this character really going to be naked at all anyway?

I'd also get rid of that aa, really doesn't serve much of a purpose at this point