AuthorTopic: [Rev-Share] Looking for Amateur Artists for Pixel Art Game  (Read 3376 times)

Offline cakewalc

• View Profile
Hello, I am part of a small group of young, determined college students who have decided to create a pixel art game over the summer. We are currently finishing the design phase of things and would like to move on to art/code, thus, we are in need of a couple artists to help bring our game to life.

It is worth noting, of course, that we are amateurs, and we expect the same from you. We don't have much experience in this field, and we are creating this to learn as much as we can before we move on to fuller-sized games. With that said, we are still very determined to create this game, we have a steady workflow, and we try our absolute best to create the most appealing product possible. We would like to make a name for ourselves and have projects under our belt for the future, and so we hope you want the same.

We would prefer artists of our gauge, so that we can learn and grow together, but there is always much to learn even for seasoned pixel artists. Down below are the requirements to apply.

Requirements:
 - 18 years or older
 - Previous digital work/portfolio of work (something to show us your style and perception)
 - Passion for making games, and the excitement and diligence to work on a game
 - Skype, Slack, & English speaking

Please send me an email at leafteabrew@gmail.com with your contact info and your portfolio, and what country you are located in.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:40:58 pm by cakewalc »

Offline cakewalc

• View Profile

Re: [Rev-Share] Looking for Amateur Artists for Pixel Art Game

Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 09:47:27 am
still in need of artists

Offline cakewalc

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 08:53:36 pm
bump

Offline Quady14

• With A Buzz In Our Ears, We Play Endlessly
    • @Quady14
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/106644.htm
    • quadraxis14
    • quady14
    • View Profile
    • Eldritch Artbominations

Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 08:14:13 pm
Could you describe a little more of what sort of art you'd be looking for? Maybe just give an idea for what you'd be expecting style-wise, would you want low/med/hi-res art, is it animation-heavy, would there be more character and creature designs or items or environmental stuff? Give some points to go off of so we know whether or not it's something we feel qualified to jump in on!
"Diabetes is a super power, right?" "Yeah."

Offline cakewalc

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 10:19:33 pm
Could you describe a little more of what sort of art you'd be looking for? Maybe just give an idea for what you'd be expecting style-wise, would you want low/med/hi-res art, is it animation-heavy, would there be more character and creature designs or items or environmental stuff? Give some points to go off of so we know whether or not it's something we feel qualified to jump in on!

It's a pixel based game, and the res will be low-med, where we have 32px character width and 64px game tile widths (currently). The game is currently a futuristic one, so sci-fi feel. Animations shouldn't be incredibly heavy, but it is more on the action side, so creative animations are what we are looking for. We are still working things out, so I will for sure post this once it is final. :)

Offline Quady14

• With A Buzz In Our Ears, We Play Endlessly
    • @Quady14
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/106644.htm
    • quadraxis14
    • quady14
    • View Profile
    • Eldritch Artbominations

Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 02:58:24 pm
Alright, sounds interesting! I'm not gonna commit to any projects just yet because I'm not sure I'm where I need to be to do so, gotta practice on a personal basis. Still, I hope you guys find somebody good! Sorry for not stepping up for the offer, I just didn't want to leave you hanging after my last comment.
"Diabetes is a super power, right?" "Yeah."

Offline cakewalc

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 09:05:30 am
bump, still need artists