AuthorTopic: New to Pixelation and thought first post should be perhaps something fresh!  (Read 1810 times)

Offline PsyberGamesLtd.

• View Profile

So all feedback welcome, trying to keep everything as small as possible. Only working with 32x32 with them all and all items bottom right are 16 x16 .

Offline Boomy

• View Profile

I've put them together to see how this looks like. Pretty good. I can say what is what. I'm not going to comment on the color, seems fine to me but I don't know much about the stuff yet.

I guess the ground is a little bit pointless. There's just a lot of nothing there. You could get rid of a bit of it and get more place up top  to make the tree bigger for example (it's kinda small I guess) or you could put bones in the ground or make little caverns with spiders or worms, so it's not just wasted space.

Offline Curly

• View Profile
Fun characters :) I like the style.
I think the tree is too symmetrical and the outline draws too much attention.
I would try giving texture to the dirt instead of just using dithering.
Same for the character clothes. It doesn't help at all in small sprites imo.

Offline SmashAdams

• View Profile
The lighting is a little confusing..
The ground is as bright as it would be in daylight, yet it's a night time scene.

Also i'm not too sure why half the screen is taken up by a cross section of the underground.
Maybe this could be for game play purposes? (zombies crawling up from the ground).
if it isn't though, I'd recommenced cutting it back, or at least drawing in some skeleton bones or buried jewels to make it interesting. A wall of dithered dirt is not interesting.