AuthorTopic: A little project for anybody interested.  (Read 4362 times)

Offline Ari

• View Profile

A little project for anybody interested.

on: September 29, 2006, 10:14:47 pm
I am not exactly a brilliant pixel artist, especially compared to the general population of this forum. Anywyas, For fun, if anybody is bored. Ive been wanting to pixelate my avatar for a long time. I tried it a few times in the past, it was shit. I am not very experianced with dithering, or texturing things with pixels. I think it might be fun for some of you. Plus I would really like it. Don't bother with the text, I never wanted that in there in the begining. No need for an animation on the eye either. Id love to see what could come from it, and I tend to think things look better pixeled. Its more pure.

Only if you want to :P
I see
Said the blind man
To his deff dog
In the corner of the round room.

Offline MoD

• mnky
    • View Profile

Re: A little project for anybody interested.

Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 10:24:18 pm
The color count(which appears excessive) and the dancing of the dithering pixels on the skin near the eyes leads me to beleive that this is not pure pixel art. Perhaps you missed what makes pixel art pixel art?

EDIT: OH! I'm so sorry! I guess I misinterpreted what Ari meant.  :o
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 10:40:21 pm by MoD »

Offline Godslayer

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 10:34:09 pm
He/She doesnt claim its pixeled. She wants it to be made to pixel art. But this is something for the off topic thread, not the pixel art forum.
How long can the floor creak before it loses its voice?

Offline Takai Soyokaze

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 10:37:18 pm
Yes, but don't repost this. Try you hand at pixel art and get better, not make other people do it.

Offline Ari

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 10:48:19 pm
Yes, but don't repost this. Try you hand at pixel art and get better, not make other people do it.
I'm not making other people do it. I'm just puting it out there for anybody who wants to do it, I would asume there is some people on this forum that would enjoy this little project. I also mentioned that I did try it myself a long time ago but gave up becasue I am not skilled enough to make it good enough to a point where its better then just useing this current one.

Also, Godslayer is right. That image is not pixel art. It's a photoshoped image, which I think would be 100% better pixelated. Just like most images. If nobody feels like doing it thats fine. It's more for the fun of seeing it pixelated.
I see
Said the blind man
To his deff dog
In the corner of the round room.

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 01:53:09 am
I'll do it on one condition: I put a knife wedged into it's little anime face. Is that alright?

Offline Takai Soyokaze

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 02:24:37 am
Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should, just saying, become a better pixel artist, and try your hand at it again.

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 04:10:37 am
*moved*

this belongs in the general discussion, seeing that it has no pixel art currently.