AuthorTopic: Looking for pixelartist for sidescrolling game.  (Read 2855 times)

Offline Hatisk

• View Profile

Looking for pixelartist for sidescrolling game.

on: June 06, 2016, 12:21:49 am
Hello!

I'm looking for a pixelartist to help me with my sommerproject. I just finnished my first year studying gamedevelopment and to keep the things i've learnt fresh in memory during summer i started making a platform-adventure game (kinda like castlevania).
This is just for fun so there will be no money involved. You dont have to be great at what youre doing so this is something for someone who feels like he/she wants to get more into pixelart and practice it or get more stuff into their portfolio.

If theres anything ive missed or something you are wondering about just ask.

Offline thewizard

• Programmer, Pixel Artist, Animator and more
    • View Profile

Re: Looking for pixelartist for sidescrolling game.

Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 03:53:27 am
You need to show a portfolio too.

Offline Hatisk

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 10:46:21 am
Only have 1 game that i can show if someone is interested. As i said im not looking for anyone proffessional since this is just a summerproject and for fun.

Offline fanifacation

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 06:06:59 am
I may be interested in helping you but i would need to know the level of quality your going for.

For example details like sprites, what kind you would prefer. Lets say Quote from cavestory is 1 and Alucard from castlevania symphony of the night is a 10. What number in that range would you prefer. An example image from another game can work too.

The game could still play like a castlevania game but have a differnt quality of art if thats what your goin for.

Anyway here is my portfolio-
https://fanifacation.carbonmade.com

Preferably write your reply in this chat so other can know what your looking for if im unable to help.

Have a great day
-Parker.

Offline Hatisk

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 10:28:58 am
I may be interested in helping you but i would need to know the level of quality your going for.

For example details like sprites, what kind you would prefer. Lets say Quote from cavestory is 1 and Alucard from castlevania symphony of the night is a 10. What number in that range would you prefer. An example image from another game can work too.

The game could still play like a castlevania game but have a differnt quality of art if thats what your goin for.

Anyway here is my portfolio-
https://fanifacation.carbonmade.com

Preferably write your reply in this chat so other can know what your looking for if im unable to help.

Have a great day
-Parker.

Thanks for your reply! :)

I'm thinking of a more older looking feeling, think NES or SNES. But its not set in stone, it would also be up to the artist what he/she feels suits their style and what they like doing.

Offline fanifacation

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 03:09:06 pm
Ok well lets sort out a few things first such S what do you have done so far and what size your main sprites are as most artist like to know how much work a developer is putting in before they contribute a great deal of time to drawing for them.

Also it is good that your leaving the art style mainly to the artist but it would probably be better if you either made a style the artist will copy and simulate throughout the game or give a few samples of how you want your game to look, like a comparison to another game in terms of detail.

While it is good to give the artist creative freedom its still your game and your vision as a developer that will need to mold how the game looks.

Also, A short exaple of the story can help the artist aswell get an idea for what you might like in terms of sprites.

Hope this was detailed enough for what you'll need to do before artists such as myself come to help you get your game going.

Have a great day
-Parker.