AuthorTopic: [closed] Pixel artist and/or animator needed  (Read 2895 times)

Offline emerald_crystal

• View Profile

[closed] Pixel artist and/or animator needed

on: June 03, 2016, 02:04:11 pm
Hello everyone I'm currently looking for a pixel artist and/or animator for a game I'm making by myself I don't have a name for it, its a rouge-like rpg sanbox bullet hell shooter.(for quality examples)I would like the artist/animator to be able to do things like enter the gungeon or the binding of Isaac rebirth maybe not the disturbing parts of rebirth...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 02:10:56 am by emerald_crystal »

Offline thewizard

• Programmer, Pixel Artist, Animator and more
    • View Profile

Re: [Paid] Pixel artist and/or animator needed

Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 11:41:28 pm
You seem very ill experienced by the way you word your words, mainly because your requirements are very odd. You also have not presented any work on your part show a portfolio of previous work to let artist know that you can complete your projects and what you have made. However welcome to pixelation and good luck on your game :)

Offline thewizard

• Programmer, Pixel Artist, Animator and more
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 04:54:25 am
Ok so ill it clear up for you about what I said about the requirements:

*my mic just broke so a twitter account is needed for communication
You should however still be able to communicate though Skype. Twitter is a odd way to communicate even emailing is better as even one has a email account what I am saying is you are limiting your artist to people who use twitter its not a big thing but its a limitation. So that just a helpful tip

*the art files need to be able to import in to gamemaker (I cant find a better 2D software, plus its what I learned the most)
If you are willing to take any file then that is a problem the only file your artist should be sending you is a png. If they are to send a jpeg you will get unwanted pixels and a white back ground.

You not having a portfolio means two things you are lazy and have not uploaded it so people can look at your work or you dont have the experience to create high quality work yet. Either way those are not very good traits(I understand files can get corrupted however why not create a portfolio before then or you should of started creating the code so you can have a engine to show the artist)

Just a small thing but you also displayed your gif like this http://pixelation.org/Smileys/snake/laugh.gif
instead of this

Overall you might say im very picky how ever if you want a good artist they will be as picky as I was in fact i would be worry if there where not.

One more thing if you state you age or years of programming experience then you are much more likely to get a good artist.

Hope this helps you understand my criticism.

Offline Ovicior

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 05:43:31 am
Ok so ill it clear up for you about what I said about the requirements:

*my mic just broke so a twitter account is needed for communication
You should however still be able to communicate though Skype. Twitter is a odd way to communicate even emailing is better as even one has a email account what I am saying is you are limiting your artist to people who use twitter its not a big thing but its a limitation. So that just a helpful tip

*the art files need to be able to import in to gamemaker (I cant find a better 2D software, plus its what I learned the most)
If you are willing to take any file then that is a problem the only file your artist should be sending you is a png. If they are to send a jpeg you will get unwanted pixels and a white back ground.

You not having a portfolio means two things you are lazy and have not uploaded it so people can look at your work or you dont have the experience to create high quality work yet. Either way those are not very good traits(I understand files can get corrupted however why not create a portfolio before then or you should of started creating the code so you can have a engine to show the artist)

Just a small thing but you also displayed your gif like this http://pixelation.org/Smileys/snake/laugh.gif
instead of this

Overall you might say im very picky how ever if you want a good artist they will be as picky as I was in fact i would be worry if there where not.

One more thing if you state you age or years of programming experience then you are much more likely to get a good artist.

Hope this helps you understand my criticism.

You're completely correct. OP needs to clear this up if he expects an artist to work for theoretical revenue share. If OP is not even capable of posting his portfolio, what does that say about his work ethic? Nobody wants to work with someone who may be lazy, especially when payments are dependent on hard work and determination.