AuthorTopic: New Sprite & Run cycle  (Read 5341 times)

Offline wezzulus

• View Profile

Re: New Sprite & Run cycle

Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 10:18:06 pm
I sped it up again and stitched the new animation onto the old one, makes for a good combo slash I think!

I also highlighted the leading foot by coloring the shoe in, makes it look more stable and draws the eye into noticing the foot stays around the same position.

Seeing them like that they do work good together, don't they? I am planning to make a 3 slash minimum combo, so this really motivates me more toward that. It's why the last frame turns slightly back again and the sword disappears. If the attack button hasn't been pressed it will go a tad more smoothly back to the idle position. Or if it has been pressed it will go smoothly in to the next attack animation. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.
It does help seeing the foot coloured like that. I'm not going to lie. I kind of lost the perspective on the feet last night.

Originally the speed is a lot faster, but for the sake of seeing the frames slightly better, I slowed the animation down a bit.

This is how the speed goes in the original gif, which probably in game will still be tweaked as well.