AuthorTopic: (Game Dev) Help With Sprites And Animations? (Walking And Running)  (Read 1510 times)

Offline DasPixelArtistBen

• Troubled Pixel Artist
    • View Profile
It Seems I Have Encountered Many Problems Being A Game Dev, Besides JavaScript, I Am Having Many Problems With Animation, And Sprite Work , Here Is How The Sprite Is Supposed To Look, , And There Is The Players Model Walking, Do You Have Any Tips AT ALL, On How I Can Refine His Walking Animation While Having The Near Exact Same Amount Of Pixels As The Template? I.E- Animated Leg Has 14 Pixels, Template Has 17 ect.
I Will Probably Ask For Help In The Future But Here It Is For Now, Thank You For Your Time - Ben ;D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 03:34:57 pm by DasPixelArtistBen »

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile
Not a bad start.

I'd really search for "Walk animations" in the forums here or on PJ to find examples of walk animations. Once you find one, save it and open it up so you can study it frame by frame. Many of those same threads often tend to have plenty of advice and references already in them as well.

Offline BadMoodTaylor

• Lou Bagel: Combo Number Five!
    • @LouBagelCombo5
    • LouBagel
    • View Profile
    • Lou Bagel: Combo Number 5
Here is a great tutorial on walking animations:

http://manningkrull.com/pixel-art/walking.php

And I'm not sure if you necessarily need to make the leg the same length in pixels for each frame as long as they are perceived to be the same length
Here to learn pixel art.  Feedback always appreciated.