AuthorTopic: Any Pixel Artist who'd like to explore some fun technologies?  (Read 2402 times)

Offline Naret

• "make one game a week" - Rami Ismail / Vlambeer
    • View Profile
Hey,

imagine pixel art combined seamlessly with tech like fluid simulations, real time lighting/shadows, animation interpolation, physics, 3d rendering, context based animations, cloth simulation, etc. I wonder if there is any skilled Artist who'd, just like me, like to explore technologies that would extend great pixel art in that way.

I'm a programmer who probably can program all the stuff we can come up with. I'd like to partner up with someone who'd really like to contribute his crazy ideas and artistic vision (I really lack the later one), as well as his pixel artistry, of course.

drop me a message or post here and I'll write you.
"make one game a week" - Rami Ismail / Vlambeer

Offline thewizard

• Programmer, Pixel Artist, Animator and more
    • View Profile
If we could see your portfolio that would be great.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 06:57:14 pm by thewizard »

Offline Naret

• "make one game a week" - Rami Ismail / Vlambeer
    • View Profile
showing source code will probably not amaze any artist here.  Games on the other side always involved artist, who most often disappeared or lost interest, but in either case, I don't really own the rights to show it publicly. I can show some screenshots if someone is really interested. Just drop me a message (maybe including your art show case).

I've created and uploaded a gif from a little 2d fluid simulation that I've used to make sun fountains:
http://giphy.com/gifs/3oEjHXNDo2Nn7Tx2G4
(it's lower res, quite chopped, but already 18MB, careful on mobile).

"make one game a week" - Rami Ismail / Vlambeer

Offline fanifacation

• View Profile
Again a portfolio would help.