AuthorTopic: Cloaked Figure  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Lavapatrol

• View Profile

Cloaked Figure

on: May 20, 2016, 05:21:11 pm
I'm working on this figure for a game I am making, and I would like some help with it. I'm also gonna be animating this later so tips on that would also be extremely helpful. For now though, I just need some help with anatomy, shading, etc.

Offline Oscar Blomqvist

• Passionate game creator working on Runegate.
    • View Profile
    • Runegate - IndieDB

Re: Cloaked Figure

Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 09:00:09 pm
Looks great so far! Maybe increase the contrast in the colors of the robe slightly, the wrinkles in the cloth are a bit hard to see, but maybe you want it subtle like that.

Offline lpflicke

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 09:58:24 pm
There isnt shadow to seperate the back arm from the torso (it can still be told apart though)and the isolated pixels of dark shade dont really work well and should be more connected i think.As well as that the front shoulder seems a bit square though im not good with anatomy so take it with a grain of salt.Good luck with the animating, it looks good so far.

Offline Lavapatrol

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 10:46:13 pm
Yeah, I had those isolated pixels connected at first but changed them. Other than that I made some minute changes based on your suggestions (and a few that I noticed 5 hours after I pixeled this  :lol: ). Tell me what your think!

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 04:28:15 am
those look more like weird dark patches on his robe than they do folds in the fabric.
Folds tend to curve more than that, I found a good picture to look at to better understand the form of it here:

Always try to work from a reference where possible.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |