AuthorTopic: [CC]/[WIP]-ish: Warrior with spear  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Silenia

• View Profile

[CC]/[WIP]-ish: Warrior with spear

on: May 20, 2016, 01:35:32 am
Background/scenery is still somewhat rough, and the shadows (angles, sharpness of shadow v. amount of ambient lighting, absence of shadows cast by clumps of grass) are still a mess.

Pretty sure something is off with the anatomy near the upper leg/low back area, too. Not sure exactly what, however.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: [CC]/[WIP]-ish: Warrior with spear

Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 04:03:10 am
That guy has some pretty wide hips, but if he's supposed to be a girthier gentleman than that's probably fine.
the arm looks a bit off to me though, I think it's the positioning. Take that latter bit with a grain of salt though, arm proportions are still a problem area for me.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Silenia

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 05:27:42 am
Not so much a girthier gentleman as a very masculinely-built woman. (Character from a story I'm writing, figured I might as well use it to get in some practice with actually depicting humans through pixel art, as I usually stay mostly in the landscape and similar area. Anyway, in-story, folks presume she's male with some frequency, so looks like I depicted that well enough. Probably would've been helpful to actually state that before. Whoops? :-[)

As to the arm, hm, any chance you could be a bit more precise in where it looks off? I've been staring at this piece long enough that everything looks "off" if I choose to focus on it for more than three seconds right now. XD

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 07:37:06 am
the arm holding the spear, at the angle it's at that spear would probably be pressing towards her or something. Looks a bit of an un-natural pose, I think.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline DracoDragon42

• @DracoDragon42
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 01:49:28 pm
From what I can tell about the arm is that the way she is holding the spear would put the spear right in front of her face, which doesn't make any sense. To fix this, make the arm that is holding the spear extended, so it looks more natural, and it makes her look more like a warrior.