AuthorTopic: [PAID] Pixel character animator for point and click adventure  (Read 2100 times)

Offline doimus

• View Profile
Hi everybody!

I'm Duje and I'm looking for a pixel artist and character animator who is willing to work on a point'n'click adventure game. The art style is classic early 90s adventure sprite art. The setting is mid-century American Noir. Dames, cars, movie studios, hardboiled detectives and the like. All intertwined with cleverly (or not) placed humor.

Your task will be to draw and animate pixel characters and integrate them into already existing game backgrounds. You will be given high-res concept art for the reference.

There are around 20 characters in game. All of them have static idle stances, most of them have walk-cycle animations and some more important characters have unique animations like fighting etc.
Player character obviously has the most animations - pick up, climb, some other specific.
Walk-cycles and all other animations are mostly 6 to 8 frames or even less.
For reference on stances and animations, take a look at classic adventures on Youtube. Lucasarts, Sierra etc. You know who they are ...  ;)

The game will be financed through a crowdfunding campaign, but I do have a pre-campaign budget assigned.
I'm looking at a $1000 pre-crowdfunding budget for the character artist. That is obviously NOT for all twenty characters, but just for those necessary for the demo and the teaser video. The rest of the work will be done and paid after the campaign.

Here's an example of character concepts:

And here's an example of actual game background with mockup character inserted:

This is a freelance position. You are expected to be professional, be able to communicate remotely and be able to meet the deadlines.

Please reply here, PM, or e-mail me with your portfolio sample, your rates and any questions you might have.

Cheers!
Duje