AuthorTopic: [WIP] Gari  (Read 1895 times)

Offline jenkaralho

• jenkaralho
    • kenneth.kjoy
    • jenkaralho
    • View Profile

[WIP] Gari

on: May 14, 2016, 01:46:50 am
Hello everyone!
I'm working in a fighting game and need to deliver it in about 1 month. The thing is: i'm quite newbie in pixel art and turning my arts in animation.

What can i do to make his breathing more realistic?
Suggestions is always appreciated.

Offline tikitorches

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Gari

Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 12:34:08 am
This looks great so far, it's easy to read as breathing. Im also not the most experienced at pixel art, but I'll do my best as an extra set of eyes

You might want to look into moving the torso in a less linear fashion. Maybe tip the character back a little as they breathe to create more movement.

Heres a very quick edit to explain what I mean.

That edit may be too fighting-stance-ish, if that's not what you're going for. Another thing I would suggest would be to simply slow the rising movement with each breath-

Again, I don't have too much experience with animating pixel art, so I hope these are reasonable :)

Offline BadMoodTaylor

• Lou Bagel: Combo Number Five!
    • @LouBagelCombo5
    • LouBagel
    • View Profile
    • Lou Bagel: Combo Number 5

Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 01:02:35 am
You could try moving the torso and arms independently/not in sync. If it's his fighting stance his fists might not move with breathing.

Could also try it out without head bobbing, just torso moving up and down.

Does the mouth need to open and close? Makes me think more of talking than breathing.

I like the back and forth rocking suggestion, but that would be more of a fighting stance movement than just due to breathing. Could bend at the knees or rock back and forth at the knees.

Those are all separate ideas—I actually think it looks good the way it is. But if you want to make changes those are some ideas.

Looks good! Keep it up!
Here to learn pixel art.  Feedback always appreciated.

Offline Absolute8

• makbadgam
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/21175.htm
    • barryburce
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 05:46:14 pm
If you animate by 2 frames at a time then go back and add small secondary changes to every other single frame, you can create the illusion of some pretty smooth motion.