AuthorTopic: Graphics Gale - Q and A  (Read 16811 times)

Offline hapiel

• PJ mod
    • hapiel
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9092.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Graphics Gale - Q and A

Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 09:31:46 am
I have some ggale questions:

When I select something and move it, a background color shows behind it. Can I specify what color I want this to be? I know I can work around it by making the layer transparant, but I don't want to always do that.

Are there tricks to add a layer to all frames at the same time? I know I can edit the properties at the same time, which is cool too.....

What is the purpose of the 'second color'?

What is the purpose of the right clicking in palette? (a diagonal line appears)

I am very curious

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 06:36:16 pm
I have some ggale questions:

When I select something and move it, a background color shows behind it. Can I specify what color I want this to be? I know I can work around it by making the layer transparant, but I don't want to always do that.

Are there tricks to add a layer to all frames at the same time? I know I can edit the properties at the same time, which is cool too.....

What is the purpose of the 'second color'?

What is the purpose of the right clicking in palette? (a diagonal line appears)

I am very curious
1. Yes, it is the transparent color of the layer:
2. Not that I know of. I just set hotkeys for next frame and add layer and spam them out over and over. It takes a few minutes.
3/4. The diagonal line selects the second color. One of the uses is for the color replacement tool. The first color replaces the second.

Offline hapiel

• PJ mod
    • hapiel
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 08:42:38 pm
Cool, I never tried the color replacement feature before, just tested it now!

As for 1, the bg color: Yes, when I set the layer transparent, it uses the transparent color. But can I also set a color when I don't want to set the layer transparent? Or then I can only use the default black?

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #13 on: June 06, 2015, 05:49:45 pm
yeah the handling of layers across frames leaves something to be desired for sure. better to settle the amount of layers before you add any frames. you can drag&drop a layer from the layers area to the frames area though and it'll copy just fine.

the second color is what you select with the right click, like you said it has a diagonal line over it. it's function is just pretty much that's what you erease to when you select "fill selection with second color" under file/preferences/tool

Also, if you want to make a gradient left click on the first color of the gradient, then right click on the second color and select "make gradiation.." it's pretty handy.

I know you're used to having the background replaced with transparent when you move a selection, but imagine you're rotating a face, or slightly extending a limb by one pixel, you would want to just drag the part that moves by one pixel and leave what's behind it unchanged. You can enable it by going to file/preferences/tool and checking "does not erease image under selection". it functions pretty much as if whenever you drag something you had copy/pasted it. too bad you have to go to preferences to enable/disable it, a hotkey would be sooo much better
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 09:50:03 pm by Conceit »

Offline yaomon17

• YaomonKS
    • taiya.sun
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/28472.htm
    • yaomon17
    • valedev
    • playvale
    • View Profile
    • portfolio

Reply #14 on: June 06, 2015, 06:13:10 pm
Oh yea the second color is also the second color used for some brushes that use both.

Offline hapiel

• PJ mod
    • hapiel
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 10:13:04 am
How can I rearrange colors on the palette? By dragging them around on the palette the indexes don't move with them so my image ends up different..

EDIT:
A: Shift + click & drag
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:28:18 am by hapiel »

Offline ErekT

• fistful of pixels
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 11:16:10 pm
I'm wondering about a thing... is there a sure way to apply the same palette across all frames when you change color depth? In my experience it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 01:08:09 am
on file / properties you have to check "single pallete" if you want to have it on all frames.

Offline ErekT

• fistful of pixels
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 03:55:57 am
Thank you, that's a *big* help :)