AuthorTopic: A Lion  (Read 2995 times)

Offline Grynz

• View Profile

A Lion

on: September 29, 2006, 08:30:10 pm

A Lion, having a pleasant cup of hot chocolate.

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Re: A Lion

Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 09:12:10 pm
Hah!! This is nice lol..this would make a nice game char..!!
Looks alittle pillowed but really nice, the eyes look like cinnamon rolls.. :lol:

Offline Androk

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 11:12:40 pm
I like it =) And the eyes are cute!
She's not guarding right now, she's just holding a thing to pass along to her husband warrior and then go do the dishes and change the diapers on the snake-babies.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 11:33:46 pm
The coloring, albeit a bit soft and, as VictoR said, pillowy, is pretty good. The lineart, on the other hand, needs work.

The pinky of the hand holding the cup is really thick. The opposing arm has no armpittage, and the chest is pillow-shaded. The feet are facing practically the same direction, which isn't a very good idle stance. The legs flare out at the bottom (like they're flabby and melting) and have no knees. I can tell that the lightsource is supposed to be coming from the right, but some areas defy that (on the hair) and there is not much coherence as to whether the light is from the top or bottom (on the arms). I love the face, but the swirls do look more like cinnamon-roll eyes than eyes with swirls in them. If you removed the shading from the swirls, that might make them look less 3d, but I'm not sure if that's what you were going for. The smoke from the tea (coffe?) is too pillowy for my liking. The hand on the waist looks odd and the thumb is nearly halfway up the arm. In fact, he's got no waist. I don't really read this as a lion, though. When I think lions I think sharp teeth, a fuzzy thing on the end of the tail, and a nose. This looks more like a fuzzy, naked, tailed guy with wild, blue hair (which looks more like an unkempt version of this guy's hair: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/Xionight/jim.gif)

Well, that's about all I see.

Offline Grynz

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 04:24:38 pm

Edited the Knees and the feet, and a bit of the hair
I'm still editing it, but I'm not going to change the design. I like the fact that he doesn't look like a real Lion after all.