AuthorTopic: Battle stance Animation [Doesn't gone wrong]  (Read 3867 times)

Offline Maligo

• View Profile

Battle stance Animation [Doesn't gone wrong]

on: April 11, 2016, 05:44:15 pm
Here is a battle stance animation test

Which things I need to upgrade? c: ty
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:01:51 pm by Maligo »
My English is not good. Please, Correct me if you can c:

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Re: Battle stance Animation [Doesn't gone wrong]

Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 06:14:08 pm
The poses should prolly be a bit more dramatized.  They're too similar for there to be any sort of oomph to the switch.  Maybe raise the arms/hands into a more boxing-like position? 

Otherwise, the yellow leg kind of swaps sizes a few times, and the knee doesn't align well with the blue one.  It also shifts to the side without any sort of turn.  Slightly turning the yellow foot to make it face the screen would improve that.

Offline Hagane

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 10:42:38 pm
What kind of battle would he be taking part on? Is he a hand-to-hand fighter, an armored knight, a soldier?

Right now it doesn't really look like a battle stance, feels more as if he was about to jump. Some kind of guard pose with raised arms as mentioned would convey the feeling of battle better.

Offline Maligo

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 03:34:55 pm
What kind of battle would he be taking part on? Is he a hand-to-hand fighter, an armored knight, a soldier?

Right now it doesn't really look like a battle stance, feels more as if he was about to jump. Some kind of guard pose with raised arms as mentioned would convey the feeling of battle better.
I think he would be with shield or something like dat
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:01:42 pm by Maligo »

Offline Maligo

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 03:59:41 pm
The poses should prolly be a bit more dramatized.  They're too similar for there to be any sort of oomph to the switch.  Maybe raise the arms/hands into a more boxing-like position? 

Otherwise, the yellow leg kind of swaps sizes a few times, and the knee doesn't align well with the blue one.  It also shifts to the side without any sort of turn.  Slightly turning the yellow foot to make it face the screen would improve that.
Thank you, I understand but i thought what yellow knee is inverted to blue, maybe dat a bad idea  :crazy:

Offline Maligo

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 08:13:06 pm

Is it looks better now?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:04:29 pm by Maligo »

Offline Hagane

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 10:00:35 pm
Here's some reference for sword stances with shields

A quick edit of your sprite's "ready" keyframe

The main thing you are missing IMO is the "readyness", if you make the character lean forward with the shield up it looks more as if he was ready to engage in battle.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 10:31:21 pm
You can also just copy/paste stuff into one post.  There's no need to make several.

Anyway, the new one is a definite improvement.  The yellow leg could bend a bit more, and the foot still kind of slides at the end.  I would recommend either removing one of the transition frames, or making the actual 'hold' frame more dramatized, like in the picture.

Offline Maligo

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 04:05:52 pm
Here is my next animation fix:

I will add more frames for Sword later.. ::)
AND HERE IS MY Last fix and i think it looks pretty nice, isnt it? Maybe some fixes for legs  :yell: :yell: :yell:

A quick edit of your sprite's "ready" keyframe

The main thing you are missing IMO is the "readyness", if you make the character lean forward with the shield up it looks more as if he was ready to engage in battle.
Thank you for your sketch, its really good, Im going to use it for Block animation (Just dont think that this pose would be nice for "Readyness" looks like attack swing or something like dat), but for now I'm not making animation with blocking. This animation must be called by button, also I have problems with legs :S

The yellow leg could bend a bit more, and the foot still kind of slides at the end.  I would recommend either removing one of the transition frames, or making the actual 'hold' frame more dramatized, like in the picture.
Actually i dont know how its working... but I'll try  ;D Im goin' to improve this leg right --> now.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 05:41:08 am by Maligo »