AuthorTopic: Welcome!!!  (Read 67985 times)

Offline sedgemonkey

• Gimme gimme gimme
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Joint

Re: Welcome!!!

Reply #100 on: August 24, 2005, 09:04:21 pm
I recognize a lot of names here... I was semi-regularly posting on the old Pixelation board for about a year before it crashed. Got to know a few of you peeps there and quite a few more over at the other pixel hangouts (pixel dev, pixel joint, pixel academy, pixelerate, DA, etc).  There've been some great pixel artists in each of those places, but none has quite captured the whole Pixelation crowd so I'm stoked it's getting a revival.

Kudos to the Pixelation people (especially that Peppermint Pig) for working to get the new Pixelation going.

I hope Pixelation has some sort of super secret security where the President and Secretary of Defense of Pixelation have to turn keys simultaneously to get to the server.  :-X

Offline Sawtooth

• growin' a beard
    • View Profile

Reply #101 on: August 25, 2005, 06:57:30 am
Hey all.  Just to know, I will be lurking around here.  I don't pixel enough any more.

Nice to see the community coming together again, though.

Also for the love of god please disable smilies forum-wide.  Seriously.

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
K THX BYE LOL
rip ninjalicious

Offline Niss

• View Profile
    • darkno.de

Reply #102 on: August 25, 2005, 11:03:16 am
sawtooth! Youve been before my time so to speak but I stumbled over some of your pixels. YOU MUST PIXEL AGAIN!

Sedge and pixelblink: Hey guys!

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #103 on: August 25, 2005, 12:25:50 pm
Hey all.  Just to know, I will be lurking around here.  I don't pixel enough any more.

Nice to see the community coming together again, though.

Also for the love of god please disable smilies forum-wide.  Seriously.

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
K THX BYE LOL

Please please please stick around! You were one of the best pixel artists on pixelation back in the day, and as far as I remember a non-jerk!

Offline Sawtooth

• growin' a beard
    • View Profile

Reply #104 on: August 25, 2005, 10:45:22 pm
It's nice to be remembered as a non-jerk.  I think.

And yeah, I'll stay around, even though I might not post much.  The current challenge looks interesting.
rip ninjalicious

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #105 on: August 27, 2005, 06:45:34 am
The zombie walk signature animation, the 16 color city destruction and coin flipping animation, the EGA palette tidal wave through a hallway (I think it was an EGA palette, and I think that was you that made it, hard to remember that far back... I just remember Gustav rocked that challenge's ass with his statue and pond entry), and the more recent mutton chops man... You really should pixel more often, Sawtooth.

Offline Sawtooth

• growin' a beard
    • View Profile

Reply #106 on: August 27, 2005, 07:36:32 am
the EGA palette tidal wave through a hallway (I think it was an EGA palette, and I think that was you that made it, hard to remember that far back... I just remember Gustav rocked that challenge's ass with his statue and pond entry),

Ah, nostalgia.  I still remember when I submitted my first piece for advanced critique at the old pixelation.  Biomors gave me my first C & C.  Did anyone save the entries (yeah, mine was the tidal wave one) from that ega challenge?  I lost my entry (and about 3/4 of my pixel art from that period) when ranchoweb turned into a pay service and dumped all of my stuff.  Also, I really want to see gustav's entry again.  It was inspiring, to say the least.
rip ninjalicious

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #107 on: August 27, 2005, 08:24:34 am

Welcome back..

Offline Sawtooth

• growin' a beard
    • View Profile

Reply #108 on: August 27, 2005, 06:36:30 pm
omg!

I remember you made that for me, but I kind of felt like a dick since I never used it (I think I dropped the domokun stuff shortly afterward).

Also here is something else:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 06:41:19 pm by Sawtooth »
rip ninjalicious

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #109 on: August 27, 2005, 07:39:09 pm
I wish I had kept stuff from around that time. I think the earliest things I have saved in my small archive folder is a zombie Pegwo made and a KOF picture of Jibuu, probably from Ndeal. I don't remember what time the Jibuu picture was made, but the look of it makes me think of earlier Ndeal. I don't have anything from you though, Sawtooth. Besides the zombie walk (now).

I really should save more stuff. I never really thought much of saving stuff back then though.