AuthorTopic: First Pieces  (Read 2045 times)

Offline aixem

• View Profile

First Pieces

on: April 03, 2016, 03:22:29 am
Hello, I'm new to Pixel Art and I've created this two pieces to start practicing. Tell me what you think, critics are welcome.

Fire -
Tree -

Cumpz.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 03:24:11 am by aixem »

Offline Smolder

• Nothing Changes with out effort
    • Smolder_Art
    • View Profile

Re: First Pieces

Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 05:00:47 am
With the tree, did you have a reference ???
If you didn't, you should, almost every good artist needs to reference first. Memories or photos are references but as you are beginning you should use multiple photo references.

With your Pixel Art there are a lot of unnecessary colours, you should run your uploads through the pixeljoint.com pixel specs(it's in the features tab)
Working with my failure should bring success, right?

Offline aixem

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 11:58:16 am
First of all thanks for your reply, just used that tool and its very cool :). What you're saying is that I should stick with fewer colours since most of them are used like 1% or less on image? But isn't like this that you achive "shadows"?

Keep in mind that I'm no artist, designer, illustrator, etc, like I said it's a hobby that I'm starting now so if I say something reeally absurd don't judge me .D

Cumpz

Offline kalphablue

• Miitonius
    • (Have one, but forgot the name)
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 03:35:18 pm
First of all thanks for your reply, just used that tool and its very cool :). What you're saying is that I should stick with fewer colours since most of them are used like 1% or less on image? But isn't like this that you achive "shadows"?

Keep in mind that I'm no artist, designer, illustrator, etc, like I said it's a hobby that I'm starting now so if I say something reeally absurd don't judge me .D

Cumpz

I believe he is talking about the colors with so little contrast that they're almost impossible to see.
Did my first pixel art drawing in early 2014, began doing pixel art more frequently in early 2015.

Offline aixem

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 02:16:23 pm
Oh yeah you're probably right, that makes sense thanks :)