AuthorTopic: Anatomical  (Read 8633 times)

Offline Takai Soyokaze

• View Profile

Anatomical

on: September 26, 2006, 02:28:59 am
Well, I got the figure I was going for, but I don't know what to do know. How is what I have so far? I may decide to make it fit hi-res specifications after I think of where I'm going with it.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 08:29:19 pm by Takai Soyokaze »

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Re: Anotomical

Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 10:41:03 am
I really like it. Not just because I'm a perv  :D. It reminds me of rotoscope stuff from the game "out of this world". Draw the whole body in that style (no antialiasing, few colors) and that would be fantastic. Do an animation and you would be my hero.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 10:54:03 am
Please provide reference material in the case you're tracing. And I'm not only saying this because I want to see a girl in stockings.

Offline Takai Soyokaze

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 11:14:05 am

I didn't trace, I just worked on the outline until it looked correct, speaking of that I need to fix the right side of her undergarmet, it's not shaped right.

I love Out of this World! Just by saying animation you gave me the idea... will do when I get home.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 11:30:05 am
The AA is not working... You have to look into it, it just blurs the line

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 12:21:50 pm
The knees are too high making the legs look like some kind of tentacles.
You also made up a shadow that shouldnt be showing where the leg joins the hip (at least shouldnt be like that). Since you are using a reference, you might aswell pay more attention to it.
The thong straps are too straight to look realistic, you have to have in mind they wrap the body, and they arent glued there as if it were paper (and the pseudo AA, as Gil said doesnt really work). The tights (the top of it) have wrong perspective.

But really, as said, if you are using a reference, you should pay attention to how shadows are placed and shapes and so on, even if you are under restrictions from the hi-res.

Oh and it's anatomical. :X
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 12:24:57 pm by Panda »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 12:49:49 pm

How about something like this?

Oh, and also, please post references without being asked for them next time. Thanks.

Offline hawken

• 8bit fantasy
    • hawkun
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio

Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 05:35:25 pm
I think the bulge caused by the stockings isn't exactly doing the image any favours. Might be better to use your discretion to iron that part out.

I like where it's going with the block colours, another world only used block colours because it took up less room on the disk, however it was a stylistic masterstroke!

Helm: users are required to post references for all pixel art now?

An artists best weapon is references others do not have access to.
twitter: https://twitter.com/hawkun
Pirate Pop Plus for 3DS, WiiU & Steam!

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 05:41:44 pm
Posting ref is not a must, but it is encouraged. We have had problems with rippers and people who just convert images tons of times with them claiming they did it themselves.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 05:52:56 pm
An artists best weapon is references others do not have access to.

I'd say that would be the correct way to look at it if we were all competing here. You don't need weapons against anyone here then, as we're not competing, this is a critique forum, and not the commercial arena. If you've used reference, we'd like to see it, yes, up-front, nobody having to play detective on you. If you feel you're 'giving away your secrets' by posting said reference, then you probably shouldn't be posting for critique.