AuthorTopic: [WIP] Entrance  (Read 1742 times)

Offline josemwarrior

• josemwarrior
    • josemwarrior
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/62601.htm
    • View Profile
    • My blog

[WIP] Entrance

on: April 07, 2016, 02:28:16 am
Hey guys,

I'm New Here, this is my first thread. So I take this opportunity to say hello and thank you for the incredible readings I've had in this forum.

I'm starting with the pixel art, and although I have read a lot, I have reached a level where I need criticism from others who know more than me, to see my mistakes.

I usually start by defining the shapes (clusters) with colors, and after that, I will refine up to give a shape.

But this time, I would like to start by defining the "line art", like in the traditional art.

So this is my "concept art" (lol)

And now I'm defining the drawing

I've arrived this far, now I'm going to sleep, I will continue tomorrow. Please, I need criticism, if somehow you help with drawing (anatomy, color, perspective, shadow, pixel art technique...), I would appreciate it greatly, I want to improve, I need to learn.

I'll be continually working on drawing and adding improvements, so I will be posting progress along tomorrow.

Thank you very much.

Offline Glak

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Entrance

Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 02:52:05 am
Both of his feet are in front of his center of mass and his thighs are horizontal.  The result is that he looks like he is sitting in an invisible chair.  This is the main problem that I see, but the back arm looks kind of awkward.  I really like the overall character and pose.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 09:21:25 am
Is this an artpiece or a mockup?
The pose looks really awkward id suggest some more practice, work from some references etc.
Also the placement of the troll in the scene makes an awkward composition that is likely to cause perspective issues.
Unlese intentionally going for a certain perspective, we generally we draw scenes at eye level as this feels natural for the viewer.
This scene just looks odd how there is so much floor and the wall is cut off etc.

Offline josemwarrior

• josemwarrior
    • josemwarrior
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/62601.htm
    • View Profile
    • My blog

Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 05:17:52 pm
Thanks Glak and Decroded.

It is assumed that the troll is down a staircase.

Here the original sketch.

Well, I already know where to focus, perspective and work with references.
Maybe it was a mistake, try to represent an image that is only in my head, with my current level.

So probably I leave this picture, in favor of working with models and easier references, till have a good level.

Thaks for your tips!