AuthorTopic: Krusty's Super Fun House Remake (Mock-up)  (Read 1884 times)

Offline rocifier

• View Profile

Krusty's Super Fun House Remake (Mock-up)

on: March 31, 2016, 09:28:59 am
Hey guys, for the weekly challenge over at pixeljoint.com I'm trying to imitate an artist's style. The artist I chose is Snake (you can search his profile on there) who does some beautiful retro game mock-ups. I'm trying to remake an old NES/SNES game called Krusty's Fun House (google image it). The piece is only half finished but I'm a bit unsure where to go with it. I'm having some difficulty with the design work, especially how the walls look. The character will be pixelled in Snake's style near the end of the piece, but the difficulty is with the design/colours, and I'd appreciate any assistance or direction. I want to really make it look like a fun house instead of a warehouse or gas plant or something, which I feel would be the main improvement over the original game. At the same time Snake uses quite dark colors in the background and brighter in foreground, so I'm finding it difficult to pull off that feel in his style.

Progress at time of writing this post:

Blue pillar is probably going to be a spiral coloured one in the foreground that you can jump behind?

Edit: Here is a mood piece I put together copy and pasting stuff that landed on the mood I am looking for. A slightly dark and sinister toy-like place. But yeah I actually am totally stumped with how to properly convert this concept into a platformer with clear distinction between the foreground and background (one of Snake's characteristics imo):
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 09:47:08 am by rocifier »

Offline rocifier

• View Profile

Re: Krusty's Super Fun House Remake (Mock-up)

Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 01:32:51 am
Update

Offline rocifier

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 05:43:00 am
Would have been nice to get some feedback before I submitted it, but well, everything has a due date. Here's the final one I submitted:

Offline SilverExe

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 05:49:17 am
Sorry for not giving actual feedback but it looks really fine :)
silverexe.tumblr.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^
MY TUMBLR! ::) ::) Be sure to check it out if you like what I do ;)