AuthorTopic: [WIP] girl line art (NSFW)  (Read 9796 times)

Offline Hagane

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] girl line art

Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 04:19:11 pm
Here's my take on your latest version, tried to keep your style as much as possible.

EDIT: alternate version, dunno which is better or less worse ha

I think the main thing that needs fixing is that your limbs are a bit too thin. I also think that in that perspective there should be no space between the legs, but maybe someone with better anatomic knowledge can give better advice. I like the sprite, looks cute. Hope this is helpful.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 06:44:49 pm by Hagane »

Offline dpixel

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/20306.htm
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] girl line art

Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 07:55:08 pm
Thanks for the edit.  You're probably right about the leg "space".  I'm actually unsure about her left leg for some reason.
The face is cute too with the little pixie-like nose.

Offline rocifier

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] girl line art (NSFW)

Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 08:23:27 am
I would expect with her figure, there would be an inner thigh gap. But the shading wasn't right near the right knee especially.

Also, the other thing that's off is her upper right arm, it's too long. Compare it with her left arm but notice her right shoulder is further away from us because she is turned.

Offline dpixel

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 05:17:02 pm
Some more tweaking:

Also, the other thing that's off is her upper right arm, it's too long. Compare it with her left arm but notice her right shoulder is further away from us because she is turned.
I played with this a bit and couldn't get it to look right.  The left upper arm is foreshortened and both arms are at different angles somewhat.  The left elbow is more pointing toward the viewer. 

Offline rocifier

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 07:31:46 am
I see. They are reading as the same angle for me. I guess you need to actually change the angle of the left arm to be different from the right arm. It might be easier to just shorten the right arm to match the left arm, keeping them at the same angle?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:05:17 am by rocifier »

Offline Night

• exidelo
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/26118.htm
    • Exidelo
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 01:09:24 pm
I feel that a lot of problems stem from a lack of knowledge in anatomy; notably the the lower half of the body (buttocks and legs).

The butt lacks form, it simply looks like two circles while in reality it is quite far from the case. Additionally, consider the fact you're using a counterpose (with the leg from our left being the weight bearer) and as such the butt cheeks will be at an angle, with the left one being higher and more stressed, and the right one being lower and more relaxed.
The left leg should have more definition in terms of musculature, to fit with the fact it's bearing most of the weight. The right foot should be pointed towards the viewer more than it currently is; while it's not impossible for it to be facing inwards as it is now, I think it would be more graceful if it wasn't.

I think that you should move the front elbow closer to the viewer, as it seems rather unnatural for it to be that close to the back (try to imagine how it would look from a bird's-eye view/above)
With the hair you should try to imagine it being twisted upside down (as if it were a piece of fabric for example) and wrapped around the shoulder.

Also, be careful with where you use the black; in my mind it implys the darkest spot you can have in that image, that is, the area with the least light being reflected.

This edit is far from perfect, but I hope it is of some help.
There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Offline dpixel

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 04:05:33 pm
Thanks Night.  Great edit.  Ya.  Of course there's a lack of knowledge in anatomy, but I like to mess around with stuff like this from time to time.  I'll improve gradually, but it'll never be perfect.   :(   
My vision for this was cutsie and semi anime.  That's why the foot is facing in a bit.  Actually, I wanted it turned in more.  And I also know it's not a comfortable/natural pose.....maybe 75%?  lol 
Again great edit.  I will learn more from this.  Might make an edit today if I can find some time.

Also, I love all these edits.  Seeing all the different styles can help me to develop my own, which I feel I don't have except for messy pixels.   :(    ;)    I do like what I have so far for this though.

Offline Night

• exidelo
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/26118.htm
    • Exidelo
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: April 07, 2016, 06:14:25 pm
You're welcome, I'm glad you like it!

By no means am I suggesting you shouldn't do this if you don't have proficient knowledge in anatomy; after all, there's only one way to improve in that respect, and that is practice.

Well, at least you're improving.  :P You shouldn't put yourself down, I don't think perfection in the sense that you reach an end-goal is attainable, you will always learn and find new stuff to improve upon, even when you're very skilled.

In that case, I'd suggest to move the thigh a bit more inwards, as such:
There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Offline dpixel

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: April 08, 2016, 01:19:12 am
Yes I do like it.  Looks very correct.

Well, at least you're improving.  :P You shouldn't put yourself down, I don't think perfection in the sense that you reach an end-goal is attainable, you will always learn and find new stuff to improve upon, even when you're very skilled.
I'm just being a realist.  I swear some people just have more natural talent or at least it seems that way.  Although, I had no art training when I was younger.  I've been doing this since 09 I think, and was hoping to be better, but then again, I couldn't even draw a decent looking line back then.   :P

Offline Glak

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: April 08, 2016, 07:48:14 pm
Yes, some people have more talent than others.  What's your point?  Only one person in the world has the most artistic talent.  Should he be the only artist? No, obviously not.  The US had 2.5 million professional artists in 2001.  When you factor in all of the non-professional artists and all of the other countries in the world you end up with tens of millions of artists in the world.  Imagine if they all gave up because they realized that some people are naturally more talented than others.

Instead of being discouraged by great artists you should be inspired.  Learn from them and just do your best.  You're already better than I am and I have no shame in my abilities.