AuthorTopic: Nintendo Gamecube  (Read 4083 times)

Arctic

Nintendo Gamecube

on: September 26, 2006, 12:26:26 am
I made this today, it took me about 2 1/2 hours on Paint. I did it from memory, so the details might not be exact. It's only my 3rd piece ever, but I think it came out quite nice.

Offline ProminenceFlare

• View Profile
    • Sunstar Productions Forum

Re: Nintendo Gamecube

Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 01:14:26 am
Personally, I like this piece a lot. Then again, I'm easy to impress in terms of pixel art. Everyone else here'll probably razz on you. Only thing I can see about it is lack of shading. Other's probably have a whole different tune, though.

Offline Joel

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 01:42:50 am
A pretty decent isometric attempt. However, did you save that image as a JPG file? I noticed it is a PNG, but was it compressed by a program in some way? The texture on the faces of the gamecube are quite grainy. If you added the noise yourself, that's a really terrible way to texture something. Though if it was compressed, you're probably best off using a program such as GraphicsGale to save it as a quality GIF file.

Keep it up.

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 03:10:58 am
A pretty decent isometric attempt. However, did you save that image as a JPG file? I noticed it is a PNG, but was it compressed by a program in some way? The texture on the faces of the gamecube are quite grainy. If you added the noise yourself, that's a really terrible way to texture something. Though if it was compressed, you're probably best off using a program such as GraphicsGale to save it as a quality GIF file.

Keep it up.
???
Looks fine to me.... maybe I'm blind? Somebody back me up...

yeah, I'm not exactly too familiar with isometric...ness but I think the light source is quirky in places like the power button (I assume the light is coming from the top). Also, that lightest shade you have running along those edges is really close to white, in which case it'd be pointless to try and differentiate from white (unless... of course, you add transparency or something).

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 04:21:16 am
The lines need antialiasing very badly...

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 08:50:44 am
I looks fine to me. Maybe you could change the black line on the top face of the box so that it mathces the shape of those circles more.

If you save in .png on image shack, i think it sometimes converts it to jpeg or something. That happened on my first post and it caused
some confusion.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 08:15:24 pm
Here's a rough edit:

Keeping the colour count, I changed around the highlights and shading/lighting a bit. Did some rought aa and dithering. Although the lines of the lid on the top wrap around the button differently (they only meet the buttons halfway through if you know what I mean) and the front line of the lid is supposed to be curved, I forgot to add those two things.

Edit: I forgot, you need the ATI sticker in the bottom right of the front face  ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 12:42:59 am by Lawrence »

Offline D3luxe

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 08:19:07 pm
i dont really like the shading you did on the logo, it is dithered then just big black strips..other than that, it looks pretty good. Nice job.