AuthorTopic: Help desperately needed  (Read 3191 times)

Offline Shifty McSly

• the Master Thief
    • View Profile

Help desperately needed

on: September 25, 2006, 07:47:34 am
I've clearly created a piece that is far too big, but ignoring that, the problems I'm having are with dithering and colour selection. ie, I have no idea what I'm doing. I've realised I probably should add more colours, particularly as a lot of the areas that are supposed to be different colours end up sharing particular shades. The face is also looking far too geometric for my liking, but I'm sure I can solve that problem for myself. I can see that the entire image seems a bit too green, but I'm not sure how to remedy it (photoshop is looking like an attractive option), I think this is most obvious on the colours used on the face. The hand in front of her is supposed to be pressed against her stomach area, but I'm still working on that, so it looks a bit warped atm.

C+C!!!!!!

Offline Bo

• View Profile

Re: Help desperately needed

Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 11:01:44 am
the belt thingies(if that is what they are) around her arms look way to tight. maybe make them stand out a pixel or two at the edges. if its just a pattern on some tight suit. then disregard this post :P

Offline Tube

• cha
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 11:16:06 am
She needs more emotion on her face. She looks like "Oh, I've just been stabbed/shot. Oh well."

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 04:53:23 pm
On her right hand the base of the thumb is as wide as her wrist, I'd make it a bit smaller. I'd advise against using photoshop to automatically change colours, you'd be better off choosing your colours manually. Having said that, I don't see anything wrong with there being a mix of green in the colours. What kind of lighting is this set in, by the way? If her face is facing downward like that, then I wouldn't have thought it should be shaded like it is judging from the rest of the shading.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 04:55:18 pm by Lawrence »

Offline Stitchy

• A ghost wandering the shore
    • View Profile
    • That one place everyone hates.

Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 07:42:20 pm
I think the issue of her hand is that the depth of where her stomach is somewhat incorrect. To make it seem more natural, it should seem like her arm is pressed very closely to her side. Also, perhaps making her hand in a more "rigid" position that might happen in a panic, with her fingers spread, with the knuckles bent tightly and just the parts of her forefingers touching the wound, but not really "gripping" it. I don't know if that even made a lick of sense, but whatever. I tried. xD;
Be it, so be quick
Don’t run, just walk and walk and walk
Don’t lose yourself, to decorate
Somewhere on your wall 'Cause somewhere in your mind You know you are doing fine Holding secret hair locks You’ll pluck before you hide