AuthorTopic: [WIP] Portrait of a spellcaster  (Read 2233 times)

Offline Mico_The_Cat

• PawWingsArt
    • View Profile
    • Paw Wings Art

[WIP] Portrait of a spellcaster

on: March 19, 2016, 12:38:07 am
This is a work in progress of a spellcaster (nothing too specific).  I'm shooting to create a portrait similar to something we would see in an RPG. I've also started on an animated sprite that's walking, casting, etc.  (the sprite isn't posted yet).  Creating pixel art is new to me, and this is a practice piece, so there are errors.  Thanks for takin' a look.

Offline LeafyMystic

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Portrait of a spellcaster

Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 02:58:46 am
Aw! I like the expression in the eyes and the overall composition. Really good color choices too, she reminds me of the Diablo sorceress a lot. Something's off around the mouth though. Is that her lower lip? Is her tongue sticking out? The presence of the line beneath her mouth makes it looks like the lower lip's line. I think a bit more clarification around that area could add more personality and expression to the portrait. I think a bit more contrast and highlighting could make the portrait itself look slightly more memorable.

Offline Mico_The_Cat

• PawWingsArt
    • View Profile
    • Paw Wings Art

Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 04:47:11 pm
Great advice LeafyMystic, always helpful to have another's eyes take a look.  Thanks!

Offline rocifier

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 12:41:34 am
I'm not sure why people don't use lighting references more...

Offline Mico_The_Cat

• PawWingsArt
    • View Profile
    • Paw Wings Art

Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 01:37:32 am
Well rocifier, I do use references, I'm just stubborn and it takes me a while to get it right :)  Thanks for your time and input.  I'm posting a general reference I used and a second revision.  I'm not trying to copy my reference, but was using it as a general guide (which probably gets me into more trouble..)

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 09:03:46 pm by Mico_The_Cat »

Offline rocifier

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 03:19:07 am
I see, sorry for my bluntness. Can you please try uploading the images to imgur.com and linking them again? They are showing up as no hotlinks