AuthorTopic: [Finished?] The treeman  (Read 14003 times)

Offline MoD

• mnky
    • View Profile

Re: [wip] The treeman *()pd@73d: 29/9/06*

Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 08:01:34 pm
I notice that when you zoom in on the arm, there is a little vein of black down the center, but it starst and stops on each side very abruptly. The blackness between light sources works well on the legs and torso, but it gives the arm a look like it's an extruded bent square, if you get my meaning. To make it a bit clearer, the black line makes it look as if it has two facets, one reflecting each lightsource.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 12:04:11 am

still working on it.  Im gonna texture the pecs and finish the arms tomorow.

snake - thanks for the edit, although redoing it like yours would basically be starting another piece.  Ill move the head around before i shade it...

I've also added a few of the earlier stages up top ^^

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Re: [wip] The treeman *()pd@73d: 03/10/06*

Reply #22 on: October 03, 2006, 02:02:30 am
Feron, that is incredibly awesome :yay:.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: October 03, 2006, 03:19:13 am
I made a wire sculpure bearing on the same design once  :), it was a disaster.  :huh:

this is going fine though, I'd take snake's advice for future treemen, but atm it looks fine.. more like a tree that happens to look like a man, not a man in the position of a man-shaped tree.. if that makes sense  ???

Im gettin the impression that it's a sad treeman.  :(
I've not got anything interesting to type here..

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #24 on: October 03, 2006, 06:43:21 am
Perhaps.  Originally i was going to make him look in pain, as though the tree had ripped into his body and started forming it into twists and turns.
However then I thought perhaps i'll go down the more poetic route with the treeman spending his days alone in forest.

I can imagine it must have been a bitch to sculpt  :D

Thanks for the comments I really do appreciate everything that you guys say, especially the good bits  ;)

Offline cb43569

• View Profile
    • zConnection

Reply #25 on: October 03, 2006, 11:12:54 am
Wow, that is fantastic... you should probably fix that left arm though, looks like it's sticking at a strange angle.
Some very good pixelling involved there. Good job.
Keep at it, pal.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #26 on: October 03, 2006, 11:22:38 pm
Thanks guys.

updates coming soon...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 03:02:42 pm by Feron »

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Reply #27 on: October 04, 2006, 06:40:11 am

still working on it.  Im gonna texture the pecs and finish the arms tomorow.

snake - thanks for the edit, although redoing it like yours would basically be starting another piece.  Ill move the head around before i shade it...

I've also added a few of the earlier stages up top ^^
I was sketchy earlier about the brightness of the secondary lighting, but now, it looks perfectly natural with that superb background. Talk about takin' it to the next level :y:
Of course, that's gotta be some kinda really bright fairy to light up the other side of the treeman like that ;) Also, is it just me, or are her boobs... like... UBERHUGE? :P
There are tiny little AA hiccups here and there. On the right of his abs, the AA is fairly... "abrupt". When AA, I tend to keep an imaginary infinitely thin contour in my head, and select shades of AA according to how much of each color should be present in that pixel, if you get what I mean. It doesn't look jaggy right now due to the bare amount of contrast, but you might, for perfectionist's sake, re-AA some of the outlines.
I love the shrooms, and all the improvements you've made to this piece. Keep it up.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Re: [Finished?] The treeman

Reply #28 on: April 14, 2007, 08:38:49 pm
i didnt like the leaves, i think bare branches suit him better anyways.  I'd probably call this finished, but hey what do i know?

Offline philipptr

• View Profile

Re: [Finished?] The treeman

Reply #29 on: April 14, 2007, 09:49:21 pm
wow, I wished you would finish it, and it looks great in its current state, though I still think it looks a bit unfinished.
I love the play of light especially on the grass and the use of the few colours is very well done too.
Imo it suffers from the missing background, some sillouettes of trees in the background in different green shades could work very well, as they would create a bit more depth too the whole piece.