AuthorTopic: Abandoned mine  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Yarsu

• View Profile

Abandoned mine

on: March 16, 2016, 11:47:03 am
Hi! I'm Pigsodus graphics designer, I was posting here before under a different nickname.
Anyway, I'd like to share with you some of my arts. This one is abandoned mine. Tell me what you think and I'll post some more soon. Ps. I typed the wrong title, this one should be abandoned mine, not swamp.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:50:24 am by Yarsu »

Offline viila

• View Profile

Re: Abandoned mine

Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 04:11:18 pm
Aesthetically I like it, but there are a lot of problems with the lighting.

What were they mining on the left, skulls?  ???

The lanterns at the back don't seem to cast any light on the rocks around them. Also, the ladder's shadow is totally flat, like the rocks are actually just a wallpaper. And the ladder's shadow direction isn't really consistent with the rocks' lighting anyway, nor is it consistent with the lighting on the ladder itself.

The pixel scale on the machinery on the right is all over the place.

The machinery and the lanterns cast no shadows anywhere, so they don't look really grounded in anything, just kind of hanging in the void there.

The front diagonal wood beam on the left, what is lighting its left side? There's just a wall in that direction.

For that matter, what is lighting the minecart from the left? The general lighting pattern on the back wall suggests to me that it's curved and the scene is lit from the right or front right. But the minecart's front/front-right is dark.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 04:24:01 pm
I'm also having a lot of trouble buying the rope wrapping around the gears like that.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline rocifier

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 06:59:58 pm