AuthorTopic: Wolfchild sprites...  (Read 1652 times)

Offline floydshayvious

• floydshayvious
    • agesend
    • agesend
    • View Profile
    • Ages End

Wolfchild sprites...

on: March 09, 2016, 08:56:59 pm
So I've been doing pixel dailies for a little over a week - and I really enjoyed trying to do the theme for today: wolfchild

I started with an isometric box to try and ground the figures, and I'm pretty happy with the silhouettes.  First attempt I noticed a mistake (a missing bracer on the wolf) and went to fix it - I also tried to simplify the color for the skin/fur because I thought it was too busy?  I'm barely in the realm of kind of understanding color ramps but I have a lot to learn.

I wanted to see how y'all would address these at your leisure!  Maybe I'll learn something hehe.

Offline Ambivorous

• If you can't do; inspire.
    • ambivorous
    • ambivorous
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/47949.htm
    • ambivorous
    • View Profile

Re: Wolfchild sprites...

Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 09:39:33 pm
Some thoughts.

Liked the direction you took from version 1 to 2, so I pushed it further.

You can click images to make them larger on the forums, btw, so no need to post at anything more than 1x zoom.
* may contain misinformation

Offline floydshayvious

• floydshayvious
    • agesend
    • agesend
    • View Profile
    • Ages End

Re: Wolfchild sprites...

Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 09:57:23 pm
Ambivorous - Whoops!  Forgot about that - my bad.  That little edit is SO awseome!  I love how you simplified everything further but at the same time brought out the forms WAY more - like the shoulder and leg in the foreground (I'm happy you liked the placement of my legs and feet!).  I keep fighting wanting to bring forms out with dark colors.  Everything in your edit is readable, bright at fun. 

It's neat seeing all those unneeded pixels in my originals jump out at me like crazy after your visual crit.  They remind me of Super Time Force sprites :)

I've got to digest this - thanks so much!