AuthorTopic: [WIP] Eye know the struggle  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Roach

• View Profile

[WIP] Eye know the struggle

on: March 04, 2016, 12:39:28 am

Don't really know why I am making this. but I'm kind of invested now.
This is my first time really attempting AA. I looked up a tutorial on it, but not really sure I am using it properly. I have to admit, it's a technique I under use, so I decided to practice on this.

Its a sad eyeball monster drinking away his problems with eye drops.
It's sad because it cannot blink.

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Eye know the struggle

Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 05:57:12 am
what I love about this piece- Not many pixel artists are going for really artsy or deep pieces in here.  Most focus on skills and technique.  This is wonderfully creepy.

What's not working- AA of course  ;D As you'll read in the orange text, your palette could use a better AA color for the cream yellow.  Maybe an orangeish color that is somewhat red that can still be used for the iris but not so red that it doesnt work well as AA.  AA that is too visible can break the effect of smoothing. 

sorry that the actual demonstration of AA is not as good as it could be.  im having problems with my eyes so i cant really see what im doing. eye need some eye drops

« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 06:01:46 am by Friend »

Offline Roach

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Eye know the struggle

Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 06:45:07 pm
Hey thanks for the reply friend! That's a really really great tutorial, and helps me understand AA much better. I'm sorry I haven't had the time to properly thank you for the edit, I've been quite busy with personal stuff. I will try to improve my piece.