AuthorTopic: Strange looking calm robot soldier  (Read 4276 times)

Offline 0xDB

• Dennis inter-is.
    • dennisbusch_de
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/1287.htm
    • 0xdb
    • View Profile
    • 0xDB

Re: Strange looking calm robot soldier

Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 12:03:18 am
I can believe that creating front and side views of the concept character would give a better feeling of the character. I could also just give light and shadow to the original concept character, and work from that.
Nah, you can't "just do" that. I mean, with a lot of practice and focused studies where you have gone through the meticulous construction or with a lot of life drawing practice, you might get to a level of skill where you can, but currently, you can not. So... do your self and your progress a favor and do the constructions of different views before you try to light and shade. You will otherwise have no clue how to accurately illuminate your objects. If you wing it in the concept you will run into the same issues that you run into when you try to wing it in the pixelled version.

The issue is a lack of understanding/idea of the structure/volumes of what you're trying to render and without a strong concept, good construction, you will not be able to gain that much needed understanding for a final rendering.