AuthorTopic: [CC] Pixel Art Character  (Read 4990 times)

Offline Roach

• View Profile

Re: [CC] Pixel Art Character

Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 03:40:40 pm
Try not to post upscaled images. Generally best to keep the original size. The website has a zoom tool built into it. Simply click the image. I was going to make an edit on your BB8 but your image was too large for me to handle. The light source seems kind of inaccurate. Like its coming from a 30 degree angle rather than a 45 degree angle.

Offline micah_denn

• @micah_denn
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 04:52:22 pm
Try not to post upscaled images. Generally best to keep the original size. The website has a zoom tool built into it. Simply click the image. I was going to make an edit on your BB8 but your image was too large for me to handle. The light source seems kind of inaccurate. Like its coming from a 30 degree angle rather than a 45 degree angle.
Okay sorry about that.
Here's the un-scaled version.

I also pushed up all the values and which I think is an improvement.

Offline Roach

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 07:04:16 pm

Thanks for the resize. I was able to edit some points I wanted to put out. Mainly on BB8 regarding your light source.
Light reflects off of the ground. You accomplished this with rey's legs, but it's missing off of BB8 which throws the whole perspective out of order to me. Your sphere looked sort of flat because the shadows were off, and thus the perspective. Rounder objects tend to be the ones that capture ground reflection(whatever it's called) the best. also BB8's head should have a cast shadow over his body, at least according to references I looked at.
Also an Idea would be to go more in depth on your cast shadows. I tried to give you an idea of what I mean, they aren't perfect though.   
My final note I wanted to point out was on rey's cloth. The fold flying in the breeze, didn't really resemble that to me. The reason because it was much to flat and square, which resembles cardboard rather than cloth to me. To fix this, try making the flap thing, less consistent.
Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:06:15 pm by Roach »

Offline Friend

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 07:20:49 pm
some thoughts 
(yes the are a million mistakes in my edit, come at me bro)
((btw i'm liking your sprite, but it reads too much like a boy to me.  try to bring out rey's femininity more.)
(((i don't know the character, haven't seen the movie, but she looks pretty girly)))