AuthorTopic: [C+C]Ghostly Lion  (Read 2036 times)

Offline LeafyMystic

• View Profile

[C+C]Ghostly Lion

on: March 16, 2016, 08:08:29 pm
Hi! It's my first time posting and I'm excited to be a part of the forums. Pixel art's always captivated me and I'm hoping that maybe eventually I'll become really good at it. This is a doodle I made a few days before, mostly just experimenting with colors and I thought it'd be a cool idea. Ghosty lion bam. What do you guys think? What's the good and the bad?

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: [C+C]Ghostly Lion

Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 12:17:25 am
I'd normally say it's a bit noisy, but in this case I'd say that's a good thing. gives it sort of a smoky appearance.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline rocifier

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 02:57:23 am
Not bad, the center is definitely reading as a lions face. But it's the focal point and my eyes are constantly distracted by the brighter maine, which is bad because I can't enjoy looking at the lion face. Try dulling the maine down and increasing contrast of the face a little. Some colour variation might help.

Offline LeafyMystic

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 08:13:25 am
I guess the ghostly glow is a bit much on the edges. I'll see what different color combinations might do. Thank you!

Offline MAVW

• hellomavw
    • View Profile
    • pixelmavw

Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 06:49:08 pm
It feels to me as a lion is getting out of a portal of some kind, mainly because of the black dots around the lion I believe. Maybe you could change the black to a very dark green color and/or make a better transition between the "fur" and the head.