AuthorTopic: Need help adding platforms on top of my background  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Aniki

• View Profile

Need help adding platforms on top of my background

on: February 28, 2016, 09:20:35 am
I'm creating an exploration platformer game and am a bit over my head with the art work. I'm not too good at pixel art yet but I've created a background for a dark cave that I like quite a bit

I've been trying for awhile now and I can't come up with a good way for the platforms to look. I know where I want them to be but nothing I've tried has looked right so far.

This is the attempt I liked the best so far. I only finished the middle platform- the rest still being in "blob form",. but it looks weird how the walkable terrain is just kind of floating there, I also don't think it looks very good anyway.

Does anyone here have any suggestions either for how i could fix the above image or for a better way to add the walkable terrain to this room that looks a bit more natural?

I like for the walkable terrain in this game to look "organic" I guess. Like it is a part of the background rather than floating ontop of it, here is another area of the game which I think demonstrates what I mean

Honestly this image could use some improvement, but I'm content with it for this project.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: man you guys really like foxes here   :lol:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:18:18 pm by Aniki »

Offline Pusty

• I like cheese
    • View Profile

Re: Need help adding platforms on top of my background

Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 04:20:53 pm
Well first of I really like your backgrounds! Also I don't think that you second background has the same problem as your first.
Just a random hobby gamedev passing by O:
[Ludum Dare][Itch.io]