AuthorTopic: 2D Artist needed on Action RPG Top Down Inspired by Mana-Evermore  (Read 2259 times)

Offline BornOfDreams

• Indie Game Dev Team
    • BornofDreamers
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Game Dev Page
Hello Everyone!

The Project

We are developing is a combination of Adventure style game play featuring a top down view combined with elements of RPG styled combat mechanics such as spells, leveling and damage system. The project is roughly 9 months into development and is progressing nicely.

We are currently using the working title "Born of Dreams". The game is a spiritual sequel to a title originally released on the SNES titled "Secret of Evermore". The art style and mechanics of the game will be represent the original game but will be vastly different by the point of completion. If you wish to see examples our current project I can provide them.

The Team

We are very serious about this project and our team is committed and passionate about what we are creating. The game will be huge and with that comes a lot of hard work. The overall concept is to create loose sequel that will take a step back into the world seen previously but it will be entirely fresh and different. 
Essentially we creating an entirely original take on where the story could have continued but with brand new scenarios and characters.

The Design & Gameplay

The game is a completely new approach by combining an adventure type controls with rpg type damage system. Everything will be real time and require the player to react and plan his attacks with timing and aim. This style of game play which is similar too old school Zelda combat but with a really interactive environment along with magic "Alchemy" and a leveling system, advanced combat. The game will be full of challenges and puzzles with dynamic game play not seen in the first game at all.

We are looking to combine a retro feel of the original game with an update too the graphics, it will be completely in 2-D with certain elements of animation done with 2.5-D effects. This will result in a really vibrant game with a deeper atmosphere which was so important to the original game. A theme of darkness and ambiance will be the foundation of the design of this game, maps will be deeply details and filled with enemies that make the environment come to life. Keep this in mind fellow artists!

For more info on the project such as story and art style please contact me and I can provide detailed information. The art style is very important so we will take careful consideration for bringing in artists, passion and dedication to this genre is a must.

Here is an early screenshot of a cave area and the main character.

Positions Available

Artists are what we are really looking for since all other positions are filled on the team as of now. A lot of progress has been made and we are trying to push forward but there is a lot of pixel work that needs to be done. Skilled Pixel Artists are preferred . The positions are currently unpaid but if all goes well there is a potential for revenue share once the game is funded and released. For more info on this please contact me.

The skills that be required of the pixel artists we will need is as follows. Tile Artists are specifically what we are looking for at the moment.

- Tile Set Design

- NPC Characters

- Monster / Enemy

- Spell Animations

- Various In-Game Icons

If you're interested, please feel free to contact me with any questions about the project or joining the team, thanks!
I check email constantly and can be reached at sephystyle@yahoo.com

User Name: UtopiaXD / Skype is also an option, if you add me please include this listing/position/date as a reference. Sometimes many requests come in and I cannot sort through them all, thank you.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 05:02:24 am by BornOfDreams »