AuthorTopic: Looking for Pixel Artist on 8-bit-ish Game (Paid)  (Read 2708 times)

Offline Mreaglesfan127

• View Profile

Looking for Pixel Artist on 8-bit-ish Game (Paid)

on: February 26, 2016, 12:49:47 am
Hello,

My name is Jojo King.  I am a student in video game design and a professional comic book writer.  I am looking for a pixel artist on a very simple game I'm making.  This is a paid job, but I am not very wealthy.  However, I am prepared for costs as I work with comic book artists all the time so I know the amount that usually has to be paid. 

This project is a bit different though - and I would like to explain so that those who are interested know what they are going to be getting into.

The game I'm making is a simple side-scroller horror game with random generating content.  I am looking to make it an app as well.  It is done in a pixel art style and I am using small-ish dimensions for the rooms. 

The art is actually done.  Meaning, that I have drawn each room out and am now in the process of doing the two characters that are in the game. 

But this is where the artist comes in that I hire.  Even though my pixel art is (barely) passable, I'm wanting the rooms in the game to be much well, to put it bluntly, better than what I can do.  I don't think this job would take a lot of time as basically I need someone to do touch-ups on the rooms I've already made.  I think that mainly, the game is lacking a refined color palette.  So if you are good at that, all the better. 

So if anyone is interested, feel free to PM me.  I can show you a room example and you can get with me on what you think it would cost per room that you "refine". 

I'm fine with either paying up front, or if someone becomes really attached to this and want to become a main part in its development and splitting revenue then that's fine as well, though I know usually that's not the preferred method.

If interested in this opportunity, please email me at: jojokuk@yahoo.com

Offline TheBlackSmith

• View Profile

Re: Looking for Pixel Artist on 8-bit-ish Game (Paid)

Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 12:52:48 am
I think i can help. Here some things i have done before my current project:

stephensmith024.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks