AuthorTopic: Official Pixelation Skin!  (Read 36633 times)

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Official Pixelation Skin!

Reply #50 on: February 25, 2016, 12:45:45 am

Here's something - are we missing the jump-to-last-post link when inside a subforum?

The little orange dots on left indicate which post is the oldest one you haven't seen yet, so that's good but not what I'm referring to at the moment.

In the far right column, the last poster is listed and clicking the username goes to his profile, but there's usually also an icon one can click to jump to that very last post.

Ought to be where I added the red circles, I think:

(screenshot taken while using Chrome)

I for one use this forum feature a lot.

___

Awesome job on this skin! Super happy it's here.
All fonts look fine for me, by the way.

Offline Silenia

• View Profile

Reply #51 on: February 25, 2016, 12:49:45 am
Indigo, you're welcome. Figured you couldn't fix what you weren't aware of, so reporting it seemed the sensible thing to do.

Beyond the few issues here and there--and there's certainly less of them than I'm used to from different communities--the new theme certainly looks good and works well. Thanks for all the hard work! ;D

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #52 on: February 25, 2016, 02:17:41 am
@Mathias
Right under the thread title there is text "last post..." That's a link.  Is that what you were looking for?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 09:01:49 am by Indigo »

Offline RAV

• View Profile
    • Blackbox Voxel Tool

Reply #53 on: February 25, 2016, 02:37:18 am
Yeah, right, that's it, under the title of topic.

Like Mathias, I was missing it sorely, but prolly would never figured it until you mentioned it.

Now that you say it, it makes sense where it is. Maybe it could need a better visual indicator that it's an actual link to click on.

But generally, it's just a position I'd never suspect, because usually it's a mini icon next to the last poster's name on far right.

Now that I know, it's fine for me, but others might still be confused.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #54 on: February 25, 2016, 02:39:57 am
@Mathias
Right under the three title there is text "last post..." That's a link.  Is that what you were looking for?
Yeah, I didn't notice that either, and thought it was removed.

Offline wzl

• View Profile

Reply #55 on: February 25, 2016, 03:40:11 am

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Last Post link

Reply #56 on: February 25, 2016, 08:52:43 am
@Mathias
Right under the three title there is text "last post..." That's a link.  Is that what you were looking for?

OH MY GOSH haha yeah . . . there it is. Dang that's some serious camouflage.

In terms of web ui design, it seems inconsistent that the actual "Last Post" link isn't styled like a text link - no UP state color or even rollover (that's something I feel is missing - rollovers for the smaller text links [besides the pointy hand cursor], which I could write off as a style decision but do think it hurts usability. You might even try using javascript to dynamically change the default UP state color and generate an OVER state color based on adding/subtracting points from H,S, and B. We used this technique on our last site with big success; worked really well).

When on the main, clicking the thread name is meant to take you to the last post, right?

---

For real though, again, I can't stress enough how happy this skin is making me, despite any small hang-ups I or anyone has. Designing/working on a forum skin is no small task.

And this skin is the best Pix has ever had.
Compare it to the last custom skin, started by miascugh. I don't think he was ever able to finish it:   ANTIQUE PIX01   ANTIQUE PIX02
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 10:10:06 am by Mathias »

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Large Image Control

Reply #57 on: February 25, 2016, 10:12:39 am
Should large images be cropped to the post body and a horizontal scrollbar appear for the affected post, like the previous default skin?

See wzl's post

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • View Profile

Favicon

Reply #58 on: February 25, 2016, 10:26:40 am
Here's a suggestion that's more a mental effect than anything else - why not update the favicon to put the seal on this new skin.
I haven't really been around here for a while and this skin's really helped make me want to haunt this place again.

A freshened up favicon would be great.
Current one is an oldie but still matches the new skin, so just a color update or maybe nix the bg and just have the "P" on transparency?

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #59 on: February 25, 2016, 02:32:43 pm
YEAHH

YOU DID IT!!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:34:46 pm by Jad »
' _ '