AuthorTopic: Pixel Art Jinx  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Kadines

• View Profile

Pixel Art Jinx

on: February 29, 2016, 02:26:24 am
My english is very bad, i'm doing my best to write this post, sorry any mistake. I'm newbie in Pixel Art, usually I make Pixel Arts using other pixel art as a 'template'(it's really hard to translate, is it right?).

This time I do this pixel art from nothing, blank document on "Piskel". Using the original Splash Art and the 3d in-game model of the character Jinx(League of Legends) and I try to add some flow with the wind because it seemed very still.

For shades and lights I used the tool 'Lighten' and 'Darken' of Piskel but I don't like the final look using this tool. I don't shade the face because everything I tried makes the head appears warped(Is it right?).

Well, maybe I talked a lot. Anyway, this is the art:

I apreciatte any critics or suggestions.

Offline Pusty

• I like cheese
    • View Profile

Re: Pixel Art Jinx

Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 07:34:52 pm
Well first of I see what you draw there but I'm not sure if this counts as I already know how it should look.
Your gun looks kinda noisy(no many single pixels next to each other)  and has too many colors (or at least if they are aligned like that).
The legs look kinda long and straight.
Also your colors need more contrast! :D
Just a random hobby gamedev passing by O:
[Ludum Dare][Itch.io]

Offline Kadines

• View Profile

Re: Pixel Art Jinx

Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 10:53:46 pm
I made a version 2 trying to improve the image. Less pixels, more contrast(at least I think, but i'm not a design genius hahaha).

And I re-worked the illumination without "Darken/Lighten" tool, using the color picker and my eyes for choosing the best color.

And I change the background color, I think this way is better to see the pixel art.

Thanks for reply.