AuthorTopic: [C+C] Hellboy  (Read 2273 times)

Offline aamatniekss

• View Profile

[C+C] Hellboy

on: February 15, 2016, 12:19:01 pm
Hey!

So i made this little hellboy dude for a quick pixel dailies on twitter. And figured I should use this guy as a learning material for myself by getting crits, instead of trying to figure everything myself always.
Im looking for any kind of crit, from colours, to shapes to techniques, Just want to improve.

Offline Roach

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] Hellboy

Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 05:16:07 am
Your light source seems inconsistent and hard to tell exactly where the source is coming from... I am guessing its coming from almost directly from the top almost.

I've touched up on your light source, It seems cell shaded almost, so I am assuming the light is also facing the picture. Perspective doesn't always mean something is darker. Also the anatomy of your gun relative to the hand seems kind of off/ the anatomy of the gun seems kind of off. The anatomy of your other arm also seems off in comparison to how huge his other arm is. I know the character is supposed to have one big gauntlet, but his arms are still the same size until the gauntlet.

Offline aamatniekss

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 09:58:15 am
Alright, thanks for the feedback!

I reworked the arms, but instead made the other one smaller not the left one bigger, as I didn't want him to be too bulky. Also redid the weapon based on his actual gun. While searching for the gun, I noticed he has a tail, so duh. :D
Based on the feedback from Ambivorous on the pixelation slack group, I also redid the leg position, to face more to the camera. That way it's a more natural pose, as i tried to stand in his previous pose IRL, but it was extremely uncomfortable.

I also tried redoing the lightning so it is more from top-left, not sure about it though.

Offline Roach

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 05:37:14 pm
Nice job, I think you've improved it a lot  :)

Offline MAVW

• hellomavw
    • View Profile
    • pixelmavw

Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 08:01:59 pm
really nice, feels like something that would fit right in Crawl  :lol: