AuthorTopic: help lol? mugen sprite sheet  (Read 3137 times)

Offline DasPixelArtistBen

• Troubled Pixel Artist
    • View Profile

help lol? mugen sprite sheet

on: February 15, 2016, 03:15:52 am
  ::) critisism and help with sprite? its for Mugen hehhe its my manga character  i suck at animating too, need to make a sprite sheet
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 03:33:57 am by DasPixelArtistBen »

Offline Unnamed1334

• View Profile

Re: help lol? mugen sprite sheet

Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 01:16:00 pm
The image has a lot of high brightness colors and not a lot of contrast. Both of these together make the sprite hard to read. You might want to improve the image before trying to animate everything.

Here are some things you could do to try to improve the image:
First you might want to have on a more neutral background. Colors tend to influence the colors around them so working on a bright green background can make the colors of the sprite look off.
Second you might want to add more contrast so you can tell the colors apart. Make a backup of the image and try picking color that are significantly darker. If you don't like how it turned out, you can always load the backup and try again.

Some things you can try to check your color choices:
Reset the zoom to 100% and see if the image is readable.
Check how the image looks good in grey scale.

After you do this, you might want to clean the image up a bit. It looks like you have some stray pixels on the legs and other places.

I just edited the colors to try to improve them. This might give you an idea of colors you can try.

• Troubled Pixel Artist
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 03:45:18 pm
thank you ever so much!

• Troubled Pixel Artist
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 09:05:18 pm
The image has a lot of high brightness colors and not a lot of contrast. Both of these together make the sprite hard to read. You might want to improve the image before trying to animate everything.

First you might want to have on a more neutral background. Colors tend to influence the colors around them so working on a bright green background can make the colors of the sprite look off.
Second you might want to add more contrast so you can tell the colors apart. Make a backup of the image and try picking color that are significantly darker. If you don't like how it turned out, you can always load the backup and try again.

After you do this, you might want to clean the image up a bit. It looks like you have some stray pixels on the legs and other places.

I just edited the colors to try to improve them. This might give you an idea of colors you can try.

i tried editing based on your ctitisism and i think it looks better, but have any tips for animation and or proportions?

Offline DracoDragon42

• @DracoDragon42
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 12:13:36 am
Feet and legs seem too big to me. It also looks like she might fall over on her back.  Maybe make her lean forward more.

• Troubled Pixel Artist
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 12:21:58 am
thank you :) im redoing the  sprite now

• Troubled Pixel Artist
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 12:46:48 am
Feet and legs seem too big to me. It also looks like she might fall over on her back.  Maybe make her lean forward more.
redoing it any tips whileim redoing? also sakura sprite for comparison
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 12:49:05 am by DasPixelArtistBen »

• Troubled Pixel Artist
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 12:47:59 am

redoing it any tips?? also sakura sprite for comparison

Offline Roach

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 04:31:11 am
Focus on your anatomy, it is off. Especially in the arms, and legs. To me your anatomy looks more masculine than feminine.

• Troubled Pixel Artist
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 06:42:50 am
thank you! also she is a full on tomboy