AuthorTopic: [PAID - ON A BUDGET] Looking for pixel artists for an Arcade beat 'em up  (Read 3443 times)

Offline dethfactor

• View Profile
Hi!,
I'm representing a small team (2 devs, 1 concept artist and a writer) who are currently under the moniker of Clever Machine Studios. (We released Desert Bus 2600 for the Atari 2600 a few years back) Anywho, Our next project is going to be a  doozy and we're looking for a few pixel artists to work on environmental art as well as character/enemy sprites. We're still establishing a workflow and we're all working stiffs with families so we can't afford any pie in the sky costs.

That being said, here's some details (that we can divulge) about the project:

A) It's going to be a beat 'em up akin to Final Fight/Golden Axe. 16-bit era large stocky and colorful sprites.
B) We're friends with the guys who are releasing Skycurser (google it) and are writing our engine for their platform AIRFRAME so this is going to be in an arcade cabinet.
C) Our initial goal is to get a one room demo by August and then move on from there.

So if any of this sounds awesome we'd love to see your stuff and talk a bit more about the job and your needs so shoot me a PM!

Thanks again for your time,
-M

Offline ThePixelMonster

• 2D/3D Artist & Animator
    • indieworx
    • https://www.facebook.com/thepixelmonster
    • View Profile
Hello Dethfactor,

This seems like a great opportunity, I'll be sending you a message within the hour. I am currently working on a contract which can be wrapped up likely within a week, and I would love the opportunity to work with you on this so hopefully you like my samples and we can discuss things.

~ TPM

Offline dethfactor

• View Profile
Thank you and everyone for your interest. We're currently sorting through everyone who contacted us and getting our act together to figure out our workflow with our current timetable. Feel free to still send any more submissions and you should be hearing from us shortly.

Thank you so much,
-M