AuthorTopic: Raven colour help  (Read 2474 times)

Offline jahasaja

• View Profile

Raven colour help

on: January 29, 2016, 01:11:09 pm
I suck ay picking the correct colours.

Any tip for this raven? right know it is too blueish. I am not done with the shading since I wanted the correct colours first

Offline BatElite

• View Profile

Re: Raven colour help

Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 09:17:08 pm
To be honest, it looks entirely black to me even on darker backgrounds.
Using the colour picker on a few images of google most colours I got were desaturated blues, with shadows going into purple to pink. I don't know if that's the influence of the atmosphere or if ravens are really slightly blue.

I'm more concerned(?) about the animation. It's very slow and I don't feel that reversing the animation works where the wings are lowest. I've barely done any research, but from what I've seen the wings generally seem to spend a bit of time decelerating.
Quote from: Cure
Well you tried your best.

Offline jahasaja

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 10:12:49 pm
The speed is wrong. It will be much much quicker ingame.

Offline Drazelic

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 11:22:55 pm
There's no such thing as a right or wrong color. Colors don't mean anything in and of themselves, they mean things in relationship to each other. Maybe the background you put this raven on is solid black, in which case it'd probably not be a good idea to make it so dark, or maybe you're putting it on a white background, in which case maybe the color is right, or maybe you want to put it in a sunset scene, at which point you might want to tint it red! You need to give a context for us to be able to tell you whether the color is right for that context.

Offline jahasaja

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 09:44:16 am
Good point. Here is the background.