AuthorTopic: [C+C] A walking cow (8 frames animation)  (Read 6173 times)

Offline vvight

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] A walking cow (4 frames animation)

Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 04:13:11 am
She looks like she's ice skating a little bit, perhaps try bending the knee slightly more.

Offline BatElite

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 08:04:45 pm
The leg movement should begin with/include the shoulders and hips, rather than only incorporating the part of the leg that's separate from the body. At the moment the lower leg to shrink and expand to fit the position you need the hoof to be in.

The hoofs don't come of the ground enough, so the legs look like they're sliding. I also found the colouring on the hoofs very inconsistent between frames.

Quote from: Cure
Well you tried your best.

Offline washk

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 09:57:32 pm
Well thanks for advice, a proper 4 legs walking cycle is a bit of a step up from what I'm able to do, and I had noticed for a while that my characters and animals were sliding, I was able to fix that mostly for my main character, but I have a hard time with the cow.

So thanks I have a few tips/directions to try again.
My twitter @pixelwashk | Devlog

Offline washk

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 02:18:43 pm

Question : reading recent threads, does the cow legs characterize as "selout" ? I've been asking myself about those outlines for a while, I prefer without when the sprite is on it's own, but it's not always very readable without outlines. (Don't want to relaunch the selout topic, well covered elsewhere), just understand if the bottom of this sprite is in this category.
My twitter @pixelwashk | Devlog