AuthorTopic: GBC style sprites for an shoot-em up game  (Read 2118 times)

Offline Julito98

• Saludos!
    • View Profile

GBC style sprites for an shoot-em up game

on: January 21, 2016, 01:55:18 pm
Hi users, these are some sprites that i am making for an shoot-em up game with an old friend, ill like to see your opinions about it, they will be very much appreacete it  :)

Offline 7Soul

• View Profile

Re: GBC style sprites for an shoot-em up game

Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 09:18:47 pm
The sprites look great. I would make the background using only the 2 lighter colors of the palette, otherwise the sprites would become too hard to see. If you look at most GB games, sprites usually use the darker colors while the background is light and low in detail. Some games try to use a white outline on sprites so they stand out, but to me that just makes harder to see exactly what they are supposed to be. In a game with only 4 colors, readability is the no. 1 priority

Offline Julito98

• Saludos!
    • View Profile

Re: GBC style sprites for an shoot-em up game

Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 12:47:08 am
The sprites look great. I would make the background using only the 2 lighter colors of the palette, otherwise the sprites would become too hard to see. If you look at most GB games, sprites usually use the darker colors while the background is light and low in detail. Some games try to use a white outline on sprites so they stand out, but to me that just makes harder to see exactly what they are supposed to be. In a game with only 4 colors, readability is the no. 1 priority
!:) Thanks for the info!, just recently i was investigating bout the same thing of the backgrounds, it clears me any doubt.