AuthorTopic: [C+C] Fire Sword Skeleton  (Read 2464 times)

Offline mtheterminator

• The Big Cheese
    • View Profile

[C+C] Fire Sword Skeleton

on: January 20, 2016, 07:23:57 pm

Hi again.

I was watching the heartbeast stream for his ludum dare entry and his skeleton sprite inspired me to try and put something like that together. I know this isn't great, but I specifically had trouble getting the fire right and I don't think I managed it :(. Please tell me what you guys think and I would appreciate help trying to get the flames just right.

Thanks!
A wise man once said, "The faintest ink is more powerful than the sharpest memory".

Offline thedaemon

• thedaemon
    • View Profile
    • personal website

Re: [C+C] Fire Sword Skeleton

Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 08:49:12 pm
First off, it looks kind of skeleton based. But the mid section is so confusing that I don't know what is going on. It looks like a wispy ripped shirt. The sword?!?!?! also looks like a sickle split in two. Now the fire's colors aren't the colors I normally see when I see fire burning. So that would be my main issue. It looks more like smoke in the way you have it now. Especially the floating pixels.
gemini://thedaemons.space
https://thedaemons.space

Offline mtheterminator

• The Big Cheese
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 01:13:00 am
OK for the midsection I was trying to make an open rib cage, but from your reaction I didn't manage to get that right. :P
Anyway, as for the fire, I really don't know what you mean but I can kind of see your point. You don't happen to have time to do a quick edit that's more "fire" like do you?
A wise man once said, "The faintest ink is more powerful than the sharpest memory".

Offline DracoDragon42

• @DracoDragon42
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 03:43:53 am
So I made something that you could call fire, it's not very good, but I think you get the idea. I have absolutely no clue what's going on with the legs and arms and torso. It looks like it was made really quickly because there are parts of the leg that aren't there, and everything seems like it's merging together. Any way, here is what I did:

Offline mtheterminator

• The Big Cheese
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 02:16:18 am
Thanks Draco Dragon for the edit! Just one thing bothers me though. Actually three but you get the idea  :P.
1)The flame's colors don't quite seem to match the style I was going for, but that's a small fix anyway.
2)I meant the skeleton to be moving forward, so the flames aught to be fanned backward, but I don't know how to do that ???.
3)I don't think the flames in the eyes look real because the red trail is all weird.
I'd try an edit but I'm too tired now. I just finished my Engineering Economy homework.
Anyway thanks for fixing the sword!