AuthorTopic: What`s wrong?  (Read 2441 times)

Offline Lovak

• View Profile

What`s wrong?

on: January 19, 2016, 07:33:55 am
Hi there! I try to create story board for my game project from my game sprite and static elements, but something goes wrong... And i don`t understand - what? May be color pallet or composition? What do you think guys?

Offline Pusty

• I like cheese
    • View Profile

Re: What`s wrong?

Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 08:04:40 pm
The arm looks a bit long also I think the arms is wrong. I just looked at a few arms and it looks like you replaced the ulna and the radius bones with the humerus. If you aren't trying to show bones the arm would be so thin anyways, or at least I think so.(Don't know other words for them lol, also correct me if I'm wrong)
Just a random hobby gamedev passing by O:
[Ludum Dare][Itch.io]

Offline Tals

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 08:11:59 pm
Personal opinion, I think it's the overuse of anti-aliasing. When you apply any level of zoom at all to it it looks really fuzzy and fluffy. You have a really cool drawing style and I think the lack of definition really washes that out.

Offline Lovak

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 05:37:08 am
As i can see, my idea, create story board from game sprite in this format - failed =) So, i`ll make it by regular way =) TY guys!

Offline Drazelic

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 08:46:39 pm
It's the perspective! Your arm is as tall as an entire person.

Also, the picture you've shown us has been stretched using a non-nearest-neighbor algorithm? You probably want to upload a version that's not messed up like that.